The Cat Lovers Thread

tumblr_mhrhegk6in1qzcv7no1_500.png

tumblr_mhrhegk6in1qzcv7no2_500.png

Bratt seems to have this thing about grooming Joon at least twice a day. It always starts out ok, but she eventually wants to be left alone, starts to whine, and then he ends up really getting rough and making her cry and run away. Is this normal? They are siblings. I feel bad and sometimes I'll intervene to save her from him if it gets really bad and sometimes it does.

I'm having a similar problem and almost made a thread asking for help.

I have two elderly cats and one young one that I kept after he was abandoned by my roommate. The young one, Chico, wants to play all the time, but the older two, Gizmo and Tyler, just want to sleep. Also Gizmo has arthritis and doesn't get around so well. Chico will go over and groom Gizmo and won't stop until Gizmo is growling and biting at him, and finally runs away. At night he dominates him and won't let go until I get up and chase him off, Gizmo isn't strong enough to get him off himself. He tried to get Tyler to play and doesn't stop until there is a fight. I'm at the point of asking friends if anyone wants Chico. It isn't fair that the older cats are constantly harassed, or that Chico gets in trouble for wanting to play. Plus I'm exhausted from getting up EVERY night around 3 or 4 to get Chico off Gizmo, sometimes twice a night.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this behavior? I don't have anyway to keep them separate.

Is there any way you can keep the cats seperate when you are at home, ie have the 2 elder cats in one part of the house and keep the little one in another part with you.

Someone I know has to keep a rescue cat separate from the other one as the male cat keeps trying to attack her. My cats aren't too bad with fighting but I keep my eldest cat up on a shelf so she is quite far away from the others, if any of them try to jump up she swats them down with her paw so they mostly leave her alone.

h3777D11E_zps7057f1b2.jpg

386056341_1008938_zps8397334e.gif

OMG that is the best! What is it with the paw in the face? This is what Joon does every single morning. And Bratt goes for the feet.