The Cat Lovers Thread

Wow...I had to look that up! I didn't know there was an actual name for people who are afraid of cats.

My cats decided to take advantage of my absence when I went shopping and I came home to find them taking selfies with my camera. Most of the pictures were blurry which they blamed on their lack of opposable thumbs, but I think they were hitting the catnip. I was able to find a few that were passable though. They wanted me to use a little photoshop magic on them, but I told them, we don't play that game here. Anyway, no more Facebook for them.

Tyler
tylerselfies.jpg

Gizmo
gizmoselfies.jpg

Chico
chicoselfies.jpg

Cat With Unique Face Proves That 'Looking Different Doesn't Mean You Can't Be Fantastic'

This feline was overlooked because of his unusual appearance, but now he's in a happy home with a family that finds his quirky features all the more lovable.

Monty, a rescue cat from Copenhagen, Denmark, was born with chromosomal abnormalities that resulted in the absence of a nasal bridge. Because of his nontraditional face, the feline spent a long time living at an animal shelter, and wasn't considered by many prospective pet owners until August of last year when Mikala Fuglesang, 30, spotted the cat on the shelter website, and showed the animal to her boyfriend, Michael Bjørn.
o-MONTY-570.jpg

What a cutie.

^^^ CUTE!!!

I was glad that the kittens weren't loose in those "boxes" when the doors were opened to let the people inside... considering that those enclosures were outside, that was the first thing I thought about.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Aw, cute.:)

My beautiful older cat had a seizure the other night but her blood work seems fine according to the vet. She is 15 years old now so I'm hoping it was just a one off thing. It scared me but I just hope that she will be healthy.

Aw, cute.:)

My beautiful older cat had a seizure the other night but her blood work seems fine according to the vet. She is 15 years old now so I'm hoping it was just a one off thing. It scared me but I just hope that she will be healthy.
I hope she will be ok, too. :hug:

I don't get why someone wouldn't adopt this cat right away. Look at his face! I once tried to adopt a 3 legged cat but was rejected because the shelter didn't think he would get on with the three other cats in the house because of his lack of one leg. Yes! I of all people - was turned down for wanting to adopt!

In all honesty, I sort of understood. But I wanted him out of that cage and in a home. Someone else picked him up pretty quick though, thank goodness.

I'll have to forward this to an ailurophobic friend of mine.... or maybe I shouldn't... it might give her bad dreams.

Wow...I had to look that up! I didn't know there was an actual name for people who are afraid of cats.
Yep! It's not a commonly-known word; I forget where I came across it first, or why it stuck in my mind. I think the opposite word is "ailurophilic", which describes pretty much everyone in this thread.

I would have thought they would call it felineophobic or something like that. Ailurophobic makes me think of something musical.