The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a lot better today, no headache, muscle aches, sore throat although I still have a bit of a blocked nose and a cough.

I started taking the CBD oil capsules yesterday but I can't really notice anything. Maybe more relaxed/tired but I don't know if that is from being off my medication/being ill with this virus or the CBD. :iiam:

What are they like? Are they your only cats?

And congratulations!
Thank you! They are our only babies. Moby is 2 and Halo is 8. Moby is a ginger and Halo is a grey tabby. There is a bit of aggression from the younger one towards the older one. Not all the time.....mainly in the evening. We are trying to work out how to deal with it best.

I feel a lot better today, no headache, muscle aches, sore throat although I still have a bit of a blocked nose and a cough.

I started taking the CBD oil capsules yesterday but I can't really notice anything. Maybe more relaxed/tired but I don't know if that is from being off my medication/being ill with this virus or the CBD. :iiam:
I have been taking the oil for a little while now. I have 8 drops in the morning and 8 in the afternoon. It helps with my anxiety. I find it very relaxing.

So those of you taking CBD...is this with or without THC? I find the products confusing and that the only oil that works is the one with the THC.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is another beautiful day today and will get very warm, near 90! I have to go over to my son's to pick up money he owes me today. Other than that, I will just read on a book and do my usual play around on the computer. I am so sick of this being home all the time! I think most of the shops downtown are opening tomorrow with the 25% capacity rule and I imagine it will be busy. I think most of the restaurants are going to open as well per the guidelines. I expect places to be busy as people are ready to get out! No word from TJ Maxx on going back to work yet.

So those of you taking CBD...is this with or without THC? I find the products confusing and that the only oil that works is the one with the THC.

I am taking Super Strength CBD Oil 450mg to 900mg. 15mg high-potency, legal and safe cannabidiol capsules. Total CBD 14.3 to 17 mg per capsule. Total THC < 1 mg per container.

I don't know what that even means. :laughing:

It does work on anxiety, I think. I noticed that last time I took them. I don't notice many other effects.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
IMHO, CBD is pretty useless. The claims by the producers are mostly unsubstantiated. On the other hand, if I had a nickel for every time someone told me that it changed their life.....

When you consume marijuana in the normal old fashioned way you get all kinds of other cabinioids besides THC. these are thought to give the different strains their different properties. CBD is one of the main components. So I think it was normal that when people started providing pure THC to customers they put a little CBD back. Now, most of the "purified" products at the dispensary include some ratio of THC:CBD.

I myself have noticed that some products contribute to anxiety and some don't. the common claim is that Sativa is more likely to promote anxiety. And Indica relaxes you.

IMHO, it is more based on the individual. and also to a great degree what is going on with that individual.

Bottom line: if it works for you keep doing it. If it doesn't work for you - try something different.

-https://www.cbdcentral.com/most-compelling-cbd-studies/
-https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476
-https://www.nm.org/healthbeat/medical-advances/science-and-research/what-research-says-about-cbd-oil
-https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02524-5

Reactions: Chryssie
I'm already sick of all these repairs, but what can i do... Everyone is at the country (mom, Liza, Elijah and David), but Unghshu is in town. Elijah is supposed to come here periodically, to do repairs in our scary coridor and return back to the country before the darkness. I'm not complaining, as i still can go for a walk (i believe so), and i've got a good food supply. I also can do laundry and take a shower,- that means a lot to me. Petersburgians are allowed to self-isolate at the country, in their summer cottages, but any stops on highways are prohibited. It's also forbidden to shop for food at local (suburban) supermarkets,- they have to drag all their food supplies from the city. It's also forbidden to "hodit' v gosti" (pay visits to neighbours), but who can stop them... :hmm:
Elijah is pleased: Unghshu has been helping him to do the repars, and now i'm sweaty like a tzutzik.:sheep: :lol: I'll have to wait until he leaves. I've already fed him with meat dumplings, and now our sink is greasy. Oh, well... I also sacrificed a tomato for him, plus found a box of chocolate candies and some coffee. He was contented. When mom is not here, and when she doesn't yell, Elijah and i get along pretty well.
Unghshu finished his work on May.29th completely (at least for now), and we'll be waiting for what our bosses say after the holidays (these prolongued holidays will last until May.12th). The government is hoping that it'll become possible to take away some restrictions then, but i doubt it, considering the amount of sick people...
I loved working with Veronica Braude online. I also loved working with her IRL, though we had very little time together. I actually would love to work with anybody (as long as he/she is adequate), so i miss Victoria Sogreyeva too. But Braude is an extraordinary human being,- i even got to love her. I felt so bad for her, when on May 28th, she had to put her beloved cat down (he'd been very sick and suffering badly, so it was a right decision).🥺
I'm subscribed to Maurice Bejart ballet on Instagram, so i receive the updates about free online viewings which become available once in a while. I also send the links to Veronica Braude, because she loves Bejart (she met him once). She's very grateful that i'm sending her free recitals of all kinds. Annie is, vice versa, acting weird: she doesn't want me to send her any links or anything at all, and she's been quite rude to me recently, having told me that she doesn't want to be disturbed when it's unnecessary. I don't understand this kind of behaviour, pfff. She's pushing me away, i've no idea why...
Bejart Ballet Lausanne👇 (Mariinsky theatre is releasing free recitals too, time after time):
The weather is getting better (it's been raining since 6a.m.), the sun is up, though it's chilly. So, Unghshu will stretch his limbs a little and go to the river.
Unghshu's walk at sunset on May 1st and May 2nd:
IMG_20200502_171928.jpg

IMG_20200423_232120.jpg

IMG_20200502_172646.jpg

IMG_20200502_172724.jpg

IMG_20200502_172431.jpg

IMG_20200502_172351.jpg

IMG_20200502_172302.jpg

IMG_20200502_172042.jpg

IMG_20200502_201751.jpg

Haha, a modified "Hammer and sickle" flag next to the state flag (noticed it yesterday at the river).
IMG_20200502_201344.jpg

Unghshu's evening walk on Apr.27th. (All my walks are evening ones, but some are later than others).
IMG_20200423_232302.jpg

IMG_20200427_222937.jpg

IMG_20200427_223334.jpg

IMG_20200427_223641.jpg

IMG_20200427_223855.jpg

Unghshu's night(!) walk on Apr.28th-Apr.29th. It's not so dark, because White nights are approaching, but it was cloudy.
IMG_20200428_223246.jpg

IMG_20200428_222251.jpg

RotatePhoto_28-4-2020_10-26-53.jpg

IMG_20200428_222921.jpg

IMG_20200424_230050.jpg

IMHO, it is more based on the individual. and also to a great degree what is going on with that individual.

Yes, I originally took it for pain and didn't notice much of a reaction at all. It makes me feel more mellow/less anxious. I've known people online who say it really works on pain for them.

Lovely pics, as always, Val!

My sister and I visited my mom and pops yesterday to serenade my mom with Happy Birthday, properly socially distanced, of course. I made cupcakes for the occasion and we got to sit together outside for a while. The weather was perfect and we all had a nice visit. We sat about 15 feet apart and later took a little walk through their neighborhood. My mom surprised me with three basil plants! So today, I put in a curbside pickup order from Home Depot for potting soil and a few other things. I will plant the basil in a pot later this afternoon.

It's turning out to be a beautiful day here. We had expected rain, starting this afternoon, but the forecast has changed. E is keeping busy with a task I've assigned - removing the lazy susan from a corner cabinet in the kitchen and installing shelves so I can have more storage. This afternoon we'll work in the yard together.

My next door neighbor is one of the nastiest neighbors we've ever had. While we haven't had many run-ins with her ourselves because we try to avoid them at all costs, we've watched her be rude and ugly to people in the neighborhood for years. There is a narrow, unofficial foot path (not paved, just worn) between our two front yards that the mail person uses to deliver mail. E and I noticed today that this witch has laid a stack of broken limbs across that path on her side of the property so that the mail person either needs to go back down the steps of my porch, across my paved walk and down the second set of steps to the sidewalk, up the sidewalk between her house and mine and then up her two set of steps to deliver the mail or risk a fall trying to step over the branches. Grrrrr. :argh:

Last edited:
It’s Sunday morning here and I’m just chillin’ in my chair looking at Val’s lovely photos and reading the news elsewhere. I finished getting ready for my day and walked out of the bathroom to find a container on my counter with bacon and sausage, eggs made from Eggbeaters, and a single cold and soggy waffle. Also some oatmeal, a cup of milk, a cup of orange juice, and a box of Sugar Frosted Flakes. I ran outside with the cereal and they were still in the hallway, so I asked for Cheerios instead. I got Honey Nut Cheerios which is too sweet for me. Plus, the honey. So I checked my cabinet and found some granola and almond milk. I had that for breakfast instead, along with the orange juice. My tummy thanks me. 😁

I dumped out the milk they left me. *shudder*

It's turning out to be a beautiful day here. We had expected rain, starting this afternoon, but the forecast has changed. E is keeping busy with a task I've assigned - removing the lazy susan from a corner cabinet in the kitchen and installing shelves so I can have more storage. This afternoon we'll work in the yard together.

My next door neighbor is one of the nastiest neighbors we've ever had. While we haven't had many run-ins with her ourselves because we try to avoid them at all costs, we've watched her be rude and ugly to people in the neighborhood for years. There is a narrow, unofficial foot path (not paved, just worn) between our two front yards that the mail person uses to deliver mail. E and I noticed today that this witch has laid a stack of broken limbs across that path on her side of the property so that the mail person either needs to go back down the steps of my porch, across my paved walk and down the second set of steps to the sidewalk, up the sidewalk between her house and mine and then up her two set of steps to deliver the mail or risk a fall trying to step over the branches. Grrrrr. :argh:
I'm sorry you have such a nasty neighbor. That is no fun. It expends so much energy to be nasty and so little to be nice. :( Sometimes, I just don't understand people.

Bet she never gets coupons or free samples :ignore: . Any chance the branches are an infraction of your cities ordinance on keeping the yard free of debris?:lol:

My stupid lawnmower won't start. I finally got the right spark plug and wrench. Nope. Watched a youtube video on what sounded like the problem, a plugged fuel intake in the carb. Took it all apart, checked- looked clear, so Nope. I hate yard machines!! SOOOOo much
And yes, we have a push reel mower, but that doesn't cut all the kinds of gas, they just lay down and pop up!

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
My husband has started coughing too now this evening. At least he isn't having cancer treatment like he was a few years ago. Hopefully it is just mild for him if this is the virus we have.

I like seeing these photos of Russia.. when i see them i often have the song in my head "Winds of change" by the Scorpions.. yes i know that song is set in Germany but still it had similar lake and tree scenes in the video.

i miss Europe a lot. Being 57% European is i guess the reason, i always have a feeling of being on an ancestral homeland while in Europe.. had the same feeling in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.