The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome May! Can we try and warm things up again, pretty please? And maybe ease up on the rain? Covid19 is dampening our spirits enough. We could use some sunshine, please and thanks!

Bored!

I have read a bit of my book, vacuumed, did a load of laundry, talked on forums and listened to the radio so far today. It's only 10 in the morning.

I have my shopping being delivered today. I ordered a vegan Cornish pasty.:heart_eyes:

Happy May Day! It is another beautiful day here! I will drop off the library items today as I looked at my list and the DVD is on hold for someone. I am still waiting for my reserved items.
Kevin gave me 3 baby green bean plants that his mother had started so now I have green beans added to my "garden." I put one in the ground and 2 in pots. I hope they survive! My other plants are doing well!

OMG, the woman I had the phone consultation with about my period pain medication didn't order it for me or even book me a phone appointment with a GP. Useless! I have enough for the next two months as I only take about 4 tablets a month but that is not the point.:mad: I like the doctors there but not the receptionists and now not the health care woman I spoke to. Grr.

I'm about to watch more Supernatural and I'm having a cider.

What's the difference between the "heart" and the "face with heart eyes" replies?

What's the difference between the "heart" and the "face with heart eyes" replies?

You're talking about the emoji? My take on it is that the heart is more solemn, while the face with heart is more of an infatuated fan face

Last edited:
Reactions: Poppy

I think the "face with heart eyes" gives the poster a point and the "heart" doesn't.

I think the "face with heart eyes" means you really approve of the message. The heart just means "ok i hear ya".

Why does money have to rule your life?
My car is 14 years old. I've had it 4 years and averaged just under $200 a month of original price and repairs. Now I'm really worried about the next time it needs something, the body is rusting all over, as well as underneath. I'm looking at rental car sales, particularly a 2018 Toyota Yaris, with low miles for aobut $10,000. That looks like a good price, and I should be able to do about 200 a month for 5 years.
I do NOT want another old car!

I think the "face with heart eyes" gives the poster a point and the "heart" doesn't.

I think the "face with heart eyes" means you really approve of the message. The heart just means "ok i hear ya".
Somedays, we discussed the meaning of the "heart" emoji on VV. And most of us agreed, that we use it to express something like sympathy, compassion, empathy, condolences, pity, commiseration, etc. But my friend (who's not here,- she left VV) said, that for her, it sometimes means "ok, i hear ya", or "got it, been there". In a nutshell, everyone puts different sense into this emoji, but all those interpretations have something in common.

Somedays, we discussed the meaning of the "heart" emoji on VV. And most of us agreed, that we use it to express something like sympathy, compassion, empathy, condolences, pity, commiseration, etc. But my friend (who's not here,- she left VV) said, that for her, it sometimes means "ok, i hear ya", or "got it, been there". In a nutshell, everyone puts different sense into this emoji, but all those interpretations have something in common.
For those reactions I use the 👍

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.