The Nostalgia Thread

Wow, local public radio (The Set List) is playing some real blasts from my past... right now Morrissey/The Smiths... before that, The Cure. OMG, I can't believe I remembered the words! Of course, there was a time in my life when I had every single thing The Cure ever recorded, including B-sides.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Val
AOL Instant Messenger shuts down after 20 years

I’m not mourning. AIM was useful in its day, but it hasn’t been its day for a long time. I don’t think I’ve used it in maybe 15 years, and even when I did, I only really used it to talk to my sister and my mother. Nobody else I knew used it. And wasn’t it creepy when you were innocently browsing the internet, and some random guy popped up on AIM to say hello? *shudder*

Everything old is new again, sort of.

I think it should have been an old-fashioned tape player, not a digital player. I mean, cassettes are popular again, so what would have been the harm in putting out a new player that actually plays cassettes? Most people no longer own their old Walkmans. Having a spanking brand new one that still plays cassettes would have been nice.

Everything old is new again, sort of.

I think it should have been an old-fashioned tape player, not a digital player. I mean, cassettes are popular again, so what would have been the harm in putting out a new player that actually plays cassettes? Most people no longer own their old Walkmans. Having a spanking brand new one that still plays cassettes would have been nice.
My last car had a cassette player, and I have a ton of cassettes, but I rarely played any for fear of them breaking and tangling inside. I'd so love for them all to be vinyl! I gave up my records when I moved years ago and it's still a huge regret.
Cassettes were a PITA IMO

My last car had a cassette player, and I have a ton of cassettes, but I rarely played any for fear of them breaking and tangling inside. I'd so love for them all to be vinyl! I gave up my records when I moved years ago and it's still a huge regret.
Cassettes were a PITA IMO
Ooohhh... We had a cassette player in our car too. It was real romantica: Zhiguli 5, summer, weekends at water/sand quarries, the Beatles, Gerry Rafferty, ABBA, warm wind whistling in windows, our kitty Kuzya sitting on dad's neck or standing at the wheel and "driving" the car.:innocent: