The Target Shopping Thread

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I went shopping at Target today and decided to grab a frozen meal for dinner. I don't have a working freezer right now, so I don't have anything frozen at home. I usually have to wait until I'm grocery shopping to get something for that day.

I was astonished and pleased to see that since my last visit about a month and a half ago, they've expanded their choices of vegetarian and vegan frozen food items considerably. They have the following brands:

Amy's
Morningstar Farms
Gardein
Quorn

And not just a couple items for each brand, either, but enough choices so that you have to stand there and decide which ones you want. It looks like the Gardein Chk'n Strips are popular based on the empty space in front of the packages that were left.

I know that Target is not the most ethically perfect company (for more on that, please start a new thread in the debate forum, thanks), but I like Target nonetheless. I find all sorts of nifty stuff and good deals there. They also had tanks and short sleeved T-shirts on sale for $6 for a limited time, so I bought several of each. :)

Couponers, please note: I found out today that they will only take four at a time of the same type of coupon. I tried to use 5 of the same cat food coupons, and I got one returned to me. Oh, well. However, you can stack coupons at Target, meaning you can put together a Target coupon and a manufacturer's coupon to get a bigger discount on the same item.

ETA: I understand that Target has expanded into Canada. I would be interested to know from the Canadians on this forum if you plan to shop at any of these Targets, and if you do so, what your shopping experiences were like.

Reactions: Freesia
I go to Target, which is right next to Kroger, for undergarments, and that's about it.

Target is pretty much the only place I can buy bathing suits. They are cute, not super expensive and I can mix and match. I like that because I have to buy a different size top and bottom.

I like Target for some items such as paper products, OTC meds and pet supplies. I was also pleased to see a pretty good selection of veggie products as well. I go there a couple times a month, though when I move I won't be as close to it so I don't know how much shopping I will be doing there.

I buy most of my groceries from Target. (The nearest store to me is a Super Target, with another Super Target near my work.)

The produce there isn't great, so I still go to another store for most produce. Target has most everything else I need.

I am also very pleased with the pharmacy.

I pay with my Target Red Card for the 5% discount, and extra discounts for fillin prescriptions.

I'm not a huge Target shopper. I do most of my food shopping at grocery and natural food markets, and think of Target as the place to buy laundry detergent and socks. Do they have a lot of products that haven't been tested on animals? :???:

I go to Target for lots of household stuff, like laundry detergent and other cleaners. Sometimes I will get cat litter there as well.
I also bought some jeans there that were fairly cheap and pretty comfortable.

I'm not a huge Target shopper. I do most of my food shopping at grocery and natural food markets, and think of Target as the place to buy laundry detergent and socks. Do they have a lot of products that haven't been tested on animals? :???:

I'm not sure. What type of products would you be interested in?

Laundry detergent and household cleaners. Shampoos & conditioners, moisturizers, make-up- those sorts of things. I don't buy nearly as much froo-froo stuff anymore, of course, so I generally stick to the brands I know are either vegan or, at the very least, haven't been tested on animals.

Target used to be my go to box retailer 20 years ago. I can't remember the last time I stepped foot in one, didn't realize they were carrying more grocery items now. Out of the Targets, Walmarts, Shopkos and Kmarts they'd be my first choice if I had to go.

Laundry detergent and household cleaners. Shampoos & conditioners, moisturizers, make-up- those sorts of things. I don't buy nearly as much froo-froo stuff anymore, of course, so I generally stick to the brands I know are either vegan or, at the very least, haven't been tested on animals.

The one here sells Sun laundry detergent which last I checked wasn't tested. They also sell John Frieda hair products, Method and 7th Generation. Not all are vegan but they aren't tested on animals.

Reactions: Poppy

I use many Method household cleaners, which are cruelty free -I buy them at Target. I believe they also carry some Seventh Generation products.
For personal care items, they do carry several items in the "Say Yes to..." line. I think those are generally recommended as not tested on animals, and many are vegan (?).

Reactions: PTree15 and Poppy
I have had a 25.00 gift card from Target since last christmas and still haven't used it yet.:oops:

I don't know if it's any good?:confused:

I have had a 25.00 gift card from Target since last christmas and still haven't used it yet.:oops:

I don't know if it's any good?:confused:

The only way to find out is to use it!

I'm sure it's good. Where did you get it? Did a relative give it to you?

I once got a $50 Target gift card at an office Christmas party, instead of a year end bonus (because my employer at the time was a stingy *******). A few months later I was fired from that job. I still had that gift card. I was going to use it to splurge on some fun things for myself, but when I suddenly found myself without a steady income, I ended up using the gift card for such practical items as toilet paper and laundry detergent. :pout:

Take my little anecdote for what it's worth. Use it to splurge on something fun, or use it for toilet paper. Whatever you want. :p