The Target Shopping Thread

I get yoga pants, pj pants, and underwear, and work socks at Target. I like Ross, too shyvas, for clothes. I also like TJ Maxx, but it is more hit or miss.

Lately I am loving thrift shopping again, recently got some comfy weekend clothes and some scrubs at a giant thrift store I had never been to. My daughter got a load of clothes there, casual office work wardrobe, for $50. :)

I love Target but always buy too much of what I don't need.

Reactions: ledboots
My mom bought me a scale there yesterday and it just doesn't work right. I can not set the personal settings, to calculate body fat percent. I am going to take it back tomorrow and see if I can get one that works. I don't have a receipt though.

We exchanged it easy. Apparently, the weight watchers scales are made poorly and exchanged a lot. I got a slightly more expensive one from a different company. I also got some super soft microfiber sheets and wonder woman tank top and undies set. Super cute.

Reactions: Amy SF
Is there any kind of guide or listing on the web summarizing what the law is in each state about (1) breaking into a car to rescue a child and (2) breaking into a car to rescue an animal?

I have no idea. Did this happen in a Target parking lot?

The Target near my work has a Starbucks, so double bonus for me when I shop there. I've resorted to cash only there, though, after the data breach. I had to get a new debit card.

The Target near my work has a Starbucks, so double bonus for me when I shop there. I've resorted to cash only there, though, after the data breach. I had to get a new debit card.

I also like shopping at Target. There is one near my home. It also has a Starbucks, but it is sort of a "mini" Starbucks, so lacks the selection of the "regular" Starbucks. I also had a problem with my debit card due to Target's security breach. But the debit card was issued by my broker, and the service assistant at the brokerage firm actually advised that it is safer to use the debit card at Target, reasoning that they had found and fixed the problem.

Last edited:
I get yoga pants, pj pants, and underwear, and work socks at Target. I like Ross, too shyvas, for clothes. I also like TJ Maxx, but it is more hit or miss.

Lately I am loving thrift shopping again, recently got some comfy weekend clothes and some scrubs at a giant thrift store I had never been to. My daughter got a load of clothes there, casual office work wardrobe, for $50. :)

It is my favourite shop for cloths and household items. TJ Max, second for ornaments and household/kitchen items.

I must try the charity/thrift stores again when I come over. I was a bit disappointed by them as compared to the UK or Canadian ones, the layout and quality of items wasn't comparable.

I must try the charity/thrift stores again when I come over. I was a bit disappointed by them as compared to the UK or Canadian ones, the layout and quality of items wasn't comparable.

What you find in the thrift stores depends on where you go. Some thrift stores have higher standards than others and will refuse items they think won't sell, such as clothing or appliances that are too worn out, damaged or broken or outdated items such as videotapes. These thrift stores aim for selections that are considered more upscale and "vintage" rather than, say, someone's old stained T-shirt from Target. Location makes a big difference as well. Thrift stores in more upscale areas such as West L.A. attract donations that have a higher resale value than items sold by stores in poorer neighborhoods, perhaps because the residents in poorer neighborhoods tend to buy cheaper-made items and wear them out by wearing or using them longer.

What you find in the thrift stores depends on where you go. Some thrift stores have higher standards than others and will refuse items they think won't sell, such as clothing or appliances that are too worn out, damaged or broken or outdated items such as videotapes. These thrift stores aim for selections that are considered more upscale and "vintage" rather than, say, someone's old stained T-shirt from Target. Location makes a big difference as well. Thrift stores in more upscale areas such as West L.A. attract donations that have a higher resale value than items sold by stores in poorer neighborhoods, perhaps because the residents in poorer neighborhoods tend to buy cheaper-made items and wear them out by wearing or using them longer.

I've never been to poor neighbourhood stores but found that the US charity shops were disappointing compared to the US or Canadian ones.

In the UK - most of them look like shops that sell brand new stuff. Everything is washed, ironed and beautifully displayed.

I've never been to poor neighbourhood stores but found that the US charity shops were disappointing compared to the US or Canadian ones.

In the UK - most of them look like shops that sell brand new stuff. Everything is washed, ironed and beautifully displayed.
Yes, the US thrift shops are terrible compared with English ones. I still go thrifting here though! :)

I also like shopping at Target. There is one near my home. It also has a Starbucks, but it is sort of a "mini" Starbucks, so lacks the selection of the "regular" Starbucks. I also had a problem with my debit card due to Target's security breach. But the debit card was issued by my broker, and the service assistant at the brokerage firm actually advised that it is safer to use the debit card at Target, reasoning that they had found and fixed the problem.
You are probably right; it's just my paranoia, lol.
Re: Thrift shops. We have a chain around here called Savers, and it can be quite good, but it really does depend on location, as Amy said. I notice a huge drop-off in quality in the poorer locations. If you're willing to rummage a bit, you can find some sweet deals on fancy brands.

Reason #1,836 why Target is way cooler than Walmart.

In-Store Vertical Farms Coming to One of Nation's Largest Retailers

The article quotes someone saying it's not a new idea because Fiesta supermarket in Houston tried it more than 30 years ago and it failed. Here's why it failed.

1. Fiesta supermarket wasn't a popular national discount chain.

2. It was tried in ONE city.

3. The Internet wasn't around yet so the idea didn't have a platform for "going viral". 30+ years ago, it was hard to get the attention of the average consumer if coverage of ideas like the vertical farm is limited to a handful of people reading newsletters and magazines aimed at a niche audience like environmentalists.

4. It was more than 30 years ago and healthy eating and sustainable eco-farming hadn't hit mainstream consciousness yet. There's a reason why millennials are avoiding McDonald's for fast food chains with healthier options.

I just used two $5 off a $10 household or grocery purchase, and just got two more! :cool: I got to try Amys Thai green chili, and was not impressed! I often want to try pricy premade foods like that so I got it out my system. They have Just Mayo 32 oz jars for $2.99. I have one in fridge two in storage. Tried Silks new fancier milks in the plastic bottles- toasted almond, caramel, soy blend. I didn't care for it-as much as I like almonds I didn't care for the 'toasted' taste I guess. Really no caramel flavor, not as sweet as regular sweetened almond.
I like their ginger snaps a lot. I may make a ginger snap crust for a pumpkin pie with coconut milk today.