The Target Shopping Thread

Also, Target has these promotions whereby you buy certain products in a given week and you get a free gift card of varying values, $5 and up.

Method and e.l.f. are what bring me back to target, the "up" brand (generic) is good too.

Wine goes on clearance regularly, I got Fetzer for half price recently.

They give a 5 cent discount when you use your own shopping bag too.

I also have a Target Visa card (it started out as just a Target store card until they suddenly made it a Visa card) which gets me 5% off my total on every shopping trip. Plus I signed up for Pharmacy Rewards, so with every 5 prescriptions that are filled (it doesn't matter whether they're new or refills) I get a rewards card good for an extra 5% off my total on my next shopping trip, on top of the usual 5%. I can use it in-store and then they give it back to me in case I want to go home and use it online the same day, although I don't usually shop online if I've just been to the store that day. The card is valid for about a month and a half after I get it, so I have to plan another shopping trip rather soon after the last one, which isn't really a problem since I get monthly refills on my Synthroid. Unfortunately I can't use the rewards card at the pharmacy, only at the general checkout. But pharmacy prices are usually pretty good at Target, which is why I'm willing (sort of) to drive all the way down there (which takes a minimum of 45 minutes) just to get my Synthroid refills.

I just got a Oster blender for 8.00.It's a cheap blender but I thought I'll get it and if it lasts a month I got my money's worth.:)

When I was a kid my mother used an Oster blender. It was a damned good blender that lasted for years. If your new one lasts only half as long as my mother's blender, you'll still have it for a good while. Maybe 10 years. :)

When I was a kid my mother used an Oster blender. It was a damned good blender that lasted for years. If your new one lasts only half as long as my mother's blender, you'll still have it for a good while. Maybe 10 years. :)
Maybe she took really good care of hers because before I just bought this one I had an Oster and it only lasted me 6 months.I made an olive oil mayo and I guess it was too much and it simply gave out.

I also use mine 5-6 times a week maybe more.So I'm kinda harsh on a blender.

You save 5 percent if you use a target credit card also. :) I like target, but jeeze, order some vegan bread already. Even the baguettes have egg, there's honey in the wheat. ..

I was at Target on Thursday and was thinking about this again. It *would* be nice if they had more natural bread brands, but in some health food stores, they'll keep some bread in the refrigerator case to keep the bread fresh longer. I don't think that's something they want to do at Target. They have all their bread out on regular store shelves, so most of the bread they sell contains preservatives so the bread will last longer. :confused:

I also wanted to mention that they also carry some Amy's canned soups and vegetarian chili. I bought some yesterday. It's nice that you're not stuck with just the mainstream brands such as Campbell's and Progresso. All in all, Target has gotten much better in the last few years carrying some natural food brands, as well as "natural" lines from mainstream brands, such as Vlasic's Farmers Garden pickles, which I also bought yesterday. I would never buy Vlasic's regular pickles. I think they use food dyes to make their pickles that icky yellow color. :down: Target could carry more natural products, but they only have so much shelf space for groceries. There is no Super Target near me, only regular Targets with an expanded grocery section.

Last edited:
Reactions: ledboots
Ya I shouldn't pick on target, they do have gardein and amy's and even some of their store brand stuff is vegan. And they carry e.l.f. makeup. It's just the bread situation. :)

I also love Target and always make sure that I do a few shopping sprees during my holidays.

I went to the Nanaimo branch on Vancouver Island and was very pleasantly surprised to discover that it was identical to the US Target.

Kinda surprised to learn that Target has closed all its stores in Canada. I wonder what went wrong?

Anyway, I haven’t been to Target in maybe 9 months, which is just as well, because when I shopped there on a regular basis, I’d go in planning to get just a few things and walk out with way too much stuff. However, I’m thinking of making a return visit and hopefully stick to my shopping list. (Yeah, sure!) :p

I stopped shopping at Target because using their pharmacy became impractical. It was fine when I was working, because on my way home, I'd just get off the freeway at the appropriate exit and I'd be right there. But now that I'm home all the time, it's become too much of a drive (at a minimum of 45 minutes) just to pick up a couple prescriptions. It was okay if I had other things on my shopping list, but I got tired of fighting traffic just to get my Synthroid refills. So last year I transferred my prescriptions to the Rite-Aid drugstore five minutes from my home. It's so close I can walk down there if I wanted to. I don't like the pharmacy as much, but at least I can save on gas.

As for Target, I found the following. I haven’t checked out any of these sites yet, but I thought I’d post them here in case anyone else was interested.

3 great sites for the hard-core Target shopper

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't shop at Target anymore for exactly the same reasons - I'd come out with stuff I certainly didn't need. Since I went through my downsizing and minimizing, I avoid stores like Target - Barnes & Noble, Kohl's, HomeGoods, TJ Maxx. They are experts at removing money from your pocket, and they don't have quality inventory.

I like Target for some items. They do have a fairly good selection of veg items and even some in their own store brand. The prices are usually pretty good too. They have some items that Publix does not but they are not that convenient for us to do normal grocery shopping. I find their clothing too expensive unless you find it on clearance. I can get better stuff at TJ Maxx with my discount. I would probably go there more often for veg foods if they were closer.

...Target clothing is too expensive? I've never heard anyone complain about THAT before. o_O

I am a thrift store shopper for the most part so I think that might explain it! :D And I don't often like the styles they stock anyway. I like TJ Maxx lots better.

I go there sometimes and I have found a few things for very cheap. The store is kind of messy and unappealing though.