NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my wife today, whether she, as a woman, feels more empowered by the fact that the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, is also a woman, and whether that would be a valid argument for her to vote for her.

I was not surprised when she answered that she does not consider that a valid argument (although she likes the politics that Ms. Merkel supports)

Trump defecates his pants. Hillary has difficulty standing upright on her own and appears to be subject to neurological tremors, when under stress.

On the one hand, you are decrying ageism, and on the other hand, you're buying into and perpetuating made up stuff from the extremist edges of the anti-dt and anti-HRC fringes, which made up stuff happens to be based on their ages.

This confirms something that I've suspected for a while. Most people's sense of irony died in 2016.

Reactions: Amy SF
On the one hand, you are decrying ageism, and on the other hand, you're buying into and perpetuating made up stuff from the extremist edges of the anti-dt and anti-HRC fringes, which made up stuff happens to be based on their ages.

No, it's not based on their ages, but on their constitutional stamina, which is not age-related. The notion that years automatically trigger weakness is a fallacy. Some succumb to it; others don't. Trump's soiled diapers may have been photoshopped, but Clinton's inability to withstand the rigors of campaigning was very real. I don't say this out of hatred for her. I've merely done what ageists are unable to do: cite actual evidence. Her lack of coordination between mind and body may have been key in her defeat. It's nothing to do with her age. It's very easy to flip someone off as "too old," but without saying why, it's just a smear tactic. If I object to it, I'm justified in doing so. Ageism is bigotry.

No, it's not based on their ages, but on their constitutional stamina, which is not age-related. The notion that years automatically trigger weakness is a fallacy. Some succumb to it; others don't. Trump's soiled diapers may have been photoshopped, but Clinton's inability to withstand the rigors of campaigning was very real. I don't say this out of hatred for her. I've merely done what ageists are unable to do: cite actual evidence. Her lack of coordination between mind and body may have been key in her defeat. It's nothing to do with her age. It's very easy to flip someone off as "too old," but without saying why, it's just a smear tactic. If I object to it, I'm justified in doing so. Ageism is bigotry.
HRC got dehydrated once. Big ******* deal.

As for the age thing - I'll start a separate thread about that, because what you claim is just plain nonsense.

Reactions: Amy SF
I wonder, is it responsible to engage Trump in twitter/social media/media wars that take up his energy and focus? On the one hand, that might be taking away his attention and energy from something more important. On the other hand, that might not be a bad thing.

These days spoof sites are having to increasingly put things like "this website is satire" at the end of articles (or even at the start) in order to distinguish from real news! And in order not to get caught in the backlash against fake news.

FortyTwo, I'm not stumping for any candidate in particular. It's too early for that. What I'm saying is, liberal politics in America doesn't have representation, in either party. If the Democrats want to win, they should shift their policies much farther left. If they did, they would find they have fantastic support. You may believe this isn't possible, but I disagree.

I also disagree with your stance on ageism. People, at all times, should be judged on their merits as individuals, not lumped into a big basketful of others, where everyone is a carbon-copy of the next. This is the basis of bigotry, the antithesis of reason. I see no evidence- and have seen none presented- that Sanders is over the hill or likely to be so any time soon. He shoots a pretty mean basketball. His hair may be white, but I expect Hillary and the Donald have white hair too, only they cover it over with fake color. Trump defecates his pants. Hillary has difficulty standing upright on her own and appears to be subject to neurological tremors, when under stress. Some die of old age at 65; others live to 110. Where do you draw the line? At what age do you say everyone becomes incompetent, and on what do you base this number? Really.

I agree, and I didn't vote for Hillary, Bernie or Trump. I know people in their 80s who can run circles, both physically and mentally, around people much younger. While it's true more older folks than younger people might have cognitive decline, it certainly doesn't mean all older people will. Bernie's age is not why he didn't get my vote. He seems sharp to me.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Republicans Outline Biggest Tax Code Overhaul In A Generation
It would cut the top individual income tax rate from 39.6 percent to 35 percent and slash the corporate rate from 35 percent to 20 percent. The plan would also create a new, 25 percent rate for so-called pass-through businesses that are currently taxed at the individual rate.
What's more, the GOP plan would eliminate the estate tax — which applies only to those with assets of more than $5.49 million — as well as the alternative minimum tax, which hits upper-income taxpayers.
Gee, what a shock. :brood: And apparently this plan wouldn't require ANY Democrats to vote!

Trump Promises A Tax Cut For The Middle Class, Guarantees One For The Rich | HuffPost

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.