NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, Rep. Al Green (D., TX) introduced articles of impeachment against the president on the House floor earlier today. Don't know how far it will get....

I plan to contact my representative, who unfortunately, is a snotty Republican party-boy, and express my approval of these impeachment proceedings. IMO, Trump is mentally ill, and for his own sake- and certainly ours- it would be wise to get him out of office.

Last edited:
Reactions: Second Summer
It looks like the Republicans might eventually do something, after they get what they want of course, but will it be before the US is completely destroyed?

Robert Reich
18 hrs ·
This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.

Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?

He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.

Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.

He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.

Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?

He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.

Me: So they're ****** off?

He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.

Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?

He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.

Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?

He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.

Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.

He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.

Me: For what?

He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.

Me: You think Republicans would go that far?

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.

Me: Like a nuclear war?

He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?

Me: So what’s gonna happen?

He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in **** up to our eyeballs with this guy.

Last edited:
Aren't they doing that every month? I remember hearing a few times about impeachment articles getting introduced, but so far no results...

Efforts to impeach Donald Trump - Wikipedia
Talk of impeachment is nothing but hot air until/unless the Democrats get majorities in both the House and the Senate, and it's going to take a 2/3 majority in the Senate.

I have lost any hope of more than a handful of Republican members of Congress (if that many) going against dt, no matter what he does. They don't want his base to turn against them.

At first it sounded like hyperbole, the escalation of a Twitter war. But now it’s clear that Bob Corker’s remarkable New York Times interview—in which the Republican senator described the White House as “adult day care” and warned Trump could start World War III—was an inflection point in the Trump presidency. It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”

The conversation among some of the president’s longtime confidantes, along with the character of some of the leaks emerging from the White House has shifted. There’s a new level of concern. NBC News published a report that Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer. One Trump adviser confirmed to me it was after this meeting disbanded that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “moron.”

In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods.

Even before Corker’s remarks, some West Wing advisers were worried that Trump’s behavior could cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office. Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannontold Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

“I Hate Everyone”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear He Is “Unraveling”

Very scary times.

If we're lucky this leads to impeachment and his entire **** ship going down with him.

If we're not lucky, nuclear war.

I'm not sure there's a middle option. Maybe a Pence presidency but given how quick he's turning on literally everyone who has any shred of loyalty toward him I'm not even sure about that.

Can We Call Trump a Fascist Now?
During the 2016 campaign and now as president, Donald Trump has met almost every criteria of a fascist leader adapted to fit American society.

1. He has contempt for democratic norms and procedures, and has repeated undermined them;
  2. He has threatened violence against his political enemies;
  3. He espouses militant nationalism;
  4. He is patriarchal, hyper-masculine and misogynist;
  5. He uses racism, ethnocentrism and bigotry to advance his political goals;
  6. He lies compulsively in order to twist reality to his will and keep supporters enthralled;
  7. He stokes a sense of racial grievance and victimhood among his voters;
  8. He acts with contempt and utter disregard for the law;
  9. He uses his position as president to personally enrich himself, his family and his political allies;
  10. He openly admires authoritarian leaders from other countries;
  11. Through voter purges and other means, he is trying to ensure a permanent Republican majority and de facto one-party state;
  12. He believes in "blood and soil" racism;
  13. He is trying to remove any regulations or other types of restrictions on corporations;
  14. He appears to be a malignant narcissist who believes he is above the law;
  15. He grants pardons to his political allies;
  16. He has utter contempt for freedom of the press and the concept of "checks and balances";
  17. He encourages police and other paramilitary forces to abuse racial and ethnic minorities;
  18. He has been acclaimed by white supremacist and other right-wing fascist groups as their leader.

And more awesomeness.... :mad: Trump Becomes First Sitting President To Address Anti-LGBTQ Event | HuffPost

Status
Not open for further replies.