NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is how it would supposedly play out ... notice that the article conveniently omits any speculation about civilian and military deaths that will occur in case of an aggression :mad::

Trump says the military is 'locked and loaded' to strike North Korea — Here's how it would go down

These article look a bit more differentiated at the possible outcomes ...

What would war with North Korea look like?
In North Korea, ‘Surgical Strike’ Could Spin Into ‘Worst Kind of Fighting’
I am so very worried about this.

This report comes from a TV channel that is actually independent (i.e. not controlled by government) - I think the only such channel in Russia.

I wonder if they will get away with this, or whether Putin will shut them down.

I expect Putin knows that everyone knows he interfered in the election, but it's a different matter if it becomes very explicitly known.

Rise and fall of Dozhd, Russia’s only independent TV channel

Triumph of the will: Putin's war against Russia's last independent TV channel | Tikhon Dzyadko

DMW15jtV4AAaNOz.jpg

The problem is, they won't do it. They are mostly losers who would never have made it near a Cabinet position but for the fact that dt couldn't get anyone else.

Russian internet trolls were required to watch 'House of Cards': report

HA!! Ya know, I'm not at all surprised. Wow, I love this show... just watched disc three of season five this evening. And yes, there are some pretty goddamn spooky parallels in the series....
A touch more on this....

Russian Cyber Trolls Watched 'House Of Cards' To Understand U.S. Politics

https://www.avclub.com/russian-trolls-learned-everything-from-watching-house-o-1819511803

And from May of this year....

https://news.avclub.com/robin-wright-says-trump-has-stolen-all-of-house-of-card-1798262086

Last edited:
The media are just getting lazy now. This soldier thing is a non-story. If he spoke to someone in an imperfect way that wouldn't even make the list of his worst 100 things. Even if he's been caught in a lie, so what, we already know he lies. Media ought to be focusing on something that really matters, what damage can Trump do on something else. What about the Iraqi/Kurdistan situation.

The problem is, they won't do it. They are mostly losers who would never have made it near a Cabinet position but for the fact that dt couldn't get anyone else.

I think this is a good point. The President has a huge amount of power in electing the cabinet, perhaps too much. It would be nice if the President had less power and the Congress did more than just rubber stamp selections.

I think this is a good point. The President has a huge amount of power in electing the cabinet, perhaps too much. It would be nice if the President had less power and the Congress did more than just rubber stamp selections.

The Congress is currently made up of mostly Republicans, who have the president they want. They’re only too happy to rubber stamp all his appointments. It’s the Democrats who want to completely vet Trump’s picks, but because they’re a minority in Washington now, they either don’t get to do that, or their vetting fails because they don’t have enough votes to stop the Republican rubber stamping. Trump’s success in Washington hinges on how much opposition there is in government, and there aren’t enough opposition votes right now. The 2018 off-year elections could change that, but I’m not optimistic, because of gerrymandering; The Republicans have tried to fix it so they can get their own permanently elected even in districts where they’re unpopular or where most voters tend to vote for Democrats.

The media are just getting lazy now. This soldier thing is a non-story. If he spoke to someone in an imperfect way that wouldn't even make the list of his worst 100 things. Even if he's been caught in a lie, so what, we already know he lies.

I think it is interesting, because soldiers supposedly do matter to his supporters and the GOP.
So maybe this will finally lead to the people supporting him seeing what a despicable person he is, as everybody else already knows....

But yes, guess that Faux News will bring this somehow like "President Trump today called the widow of the slain soldier, and she was deeply moved." Not technically wrong.

And as expected, his supporters are making excuses for what he said. Most are claiming it was taken out of context, as if there were any context that would make saying that okay. The others are simply agreeing with what he said and don't see anything wrong with it.

I'm glad the media is showing every little inexcusable thing he does. I think it all eats away at him and adds to his stress, eventually one of them will be the straw, plus it grabs his focus for awhile, keeping him away from more dangerous pursuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.