NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is, when Obama was elected - which was a very mild scenario compared to this dumpster fire, regardless of your political beliefs - where was that 'stop whining and accept the results' rhetoric they seem to be so fond of? Obama has faced so much needless and unwarranted opposition from even moderate Republicans over his two terms that this criticism seems absolutely ridiculous.

Also, many people believed in 2008 that Barack Obama did not have enough experience to be president. They thought he was arrogant, an elitist. Most of those same people voted for a billionaire who lives in a tower with his name on it and thinks he's the best at everything. They have no self-awareness.

This is unfortunately true. I am of the opinion though that unless you have something big to lose, fighting back is always worth it.

In essence - if you fight back in this way, don't expect it to change her mind, but fighting back does help create the necessary impression that this **** will not be tolerated.

Agreed.

I'm not a believer in letting things slide. I also don't think that most people will change their minds once firmly made up. I do think that, in a public space (and everything online is a public space), it's worth pointing out the truth, because people other than the specific person you're directing it to will be reading what you say.

I'm not looking to change this person's mind. I dislike what she said, and more how she said it. Her first post, which caused me to respond in the first place, was so obnoxious and rude. I didn't like what she said and wanted her to know that. I'm still pondering what I want to do. I'm not going to reply unless I can formulate a decent enough response. She's still going back and forth with other friends.

I'm not looking to change this person's mind. I dislike what she said, and more how she said it. Her first post, which caused me to respond in the first place, was so obnoxious and rude. I didn't like what she said and wanted her to know that. I'm still pondering what I want to do. I'm not going to reply unless I can formulate a decent enough response. She's still going back and forth with other friends.

What is your relation to this person?

I can only tell you what I would do, which is to go all out in the biggest "F*ck You" rant you can think of which won't get you fired/disowned/etc.

I can only tell you what I would do, which is to go all out in the biggest "F*ck You" rant you can think of which won't get you fired/disowned/etc.

I did something like that but it was directed at all Trump supporters. :D
I tried to be nice at first because I knew my friends had family members who supported Trump, but then I decided I had a right to say exactly what I felt, and boy did I. I don't think anyone has seen me say anything like that before, or cuss like that. My rant ended with a big F*CK Y*U to all Trump supporters. And I've been unable to stop since then. :eek: It doesn't take much to get angry all over again.

I just read this on another forum - :eek::D

Even Trump's most ardent supporters recognize that "class" has never been his strong suit. That's part of the attraction, I think. They're tired of well-spoken and well-educated leaders who think deeply about important issues and try to promote equality. They want somebody who will burp on TV and "grab 'em by the pussy" and tell Angela Merkel she's fat, because that's who we are as a country and we apparently want those qualities reflected in our leaders.
The rest of the world has had this "ugly American" stereotype for 20 years now. We're just finally living up to the hype.

Also, many people believed in 2008 that Barack Obama did not have enough experience to be president. They thought he was arrogant, an elitist. Most of those same people voted for a billionaire who lives in a tower with his name on it and thinks he's the best at everything. They have no self-awareness.

Sorry to keep going on about Brexit, :pbut it was the same with Nigel Farage. Farage is a public school-educated former banker and despite that he got a lot of people to believe that he was speaking up for "ordinary people" against the elites.

Part of the problem is I'm not confident with my facts or lack of facts. Someone sent me this and then I get all insecure because I can't differentiate bias from fact.

9 Ways President Obama Failed to Improve Race Relations in America

It goes way back. Her mom was my next door neighbor growing up. Then she was friends with my kids when they were growing up. So it was pretty solid back in the day. She lives in Indiana, now...I'm in NY. There's no real "bond" or relationship at this point, other than the fact that there's a history.

I'm working on a draft...whether I post it or not remains to be decided.

Okay, I am going to have to say something on here, I was trying not to as I know emotions are running high, but it has been buzzing around my head.

Calliegirl - you made a comment about Muslims on the thread about offensive content about the Prophet and you said that a cartoon making fun of a paedophile, no matter how many people worship him, is also not a reason to murder people. I agree obviously about the murdering people part, but do you realise how offensive that type of statement is to Muslims in general? I shared what you said with a couple of Muslim people I know when you said it at the time. I'm glad if you have had a complete turnaround in your views since then, but it seems quite bizarre to me that you were so intolerant and suddenly are the person who wants to defend Muslims.

If I am completely misunderstanding what you said then just tell me. Maybe I am just taking it the wrong way.Publishing offensive content about the Prophet | Page 5 | Vegetarian and Vegan Forums @ Veggie Views

I've gotten maybe 10-11 hours of sleep in the past few days, insulted Trump supporters non-stop, and I'm done ranting. Because of stories like these, I've decided it's time to come out of mourning and do something.

Wave of hate crimes against Muslims, Hispanics and black people reported since Donald Trump’s win

I'm going to try to organize a page and a private group on Facebook of people who want to protect against and prevent the hate crimes. Work on getting corporations to donate to getting pepper spray, tasers, and self defense classes for those that are the most vulnerable, and promise to stop any abuse you see going on. Anyone who advocates for violence will be out.

What do you think?

Okay, I am going to have to say something on here, I was trying not to as I know emotions are running high, but it has been buzzing around my head.

Calliegirl - you made a comment about Muslims on the thread about offensive content about the Prophet and you said that a cartoon making fun of a paedophile, no matter how many people worship him, is also not a reason to murder people. I agree obviously about the murdering people part, but do you realise how offensive that type of statement is to Muslims in general? I shared what you said with a couple of Muslim people I know when you said it at the time. I'm glad if you have had a complete turnaround in your views since then, but it seems quite bizarre to me that you were so intolerant and suddenly are the person who wants to defend Muslims.

If I am completely misunderstanding what you said then just tell me. Maybe I am just taking it the wrong way.Publishing offensive content about the Prophet | Page 5 | Vegetarian and Vegan Forums @ Veggie Views

I can't respond for Calliegirl of course, but I don't think she was saying in that thread that Muslims didn't have a right to be angry about the offensive cartoon, just that she didn't think it was grounds for violent retaliation.

That's a fairly popular stance and one that I don't think conflicts with wanting to protect people from hate crimes, unless I'm reading this or the original posts wrong?

I can't respond for Calliegirl of course, but I don't think she was saying in that thread that Muslims didn't have a right to be angry about the offensive cartoon, just that she didn't think it was grounds for violent retaliation.

That's a fairly popular stance and one that I don't think conflicts with wanting to protect people from hate crimes, unless I'm reading this or the original posts wrong?

Insulting all Muslims by saying that they worship a paedophile and then trying to defend Muslims from religious intolerance. You don't see hypocrisy there?:confused:

I saw the article about Michelle Obama on my news feed a little bit ago. It's infuriating. One of many things going on.

The woman has apologized and taken the offensive comments down but people got screen shots, so sorry lady there is proof.

I wonder how some of these same people secretly feel about Melania Trump's heavy accent? I give the woman credit for not working on losing her accent. But my brother lives in Virginia and his wife has a heavy accent. She has said sometimes she doesn't even want to open her mouth because people react like they didn't understand a word she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.