TV & Film The TV Room

let me know if you think its worth watching, it on my list

If I knew what I know now I would not have watched it. It was definitely draggy in parts (my honey fell asleep during much of it) and the ending was not to my liking. I have not read the book and I saw another Holban movie or series up there and I won't watch that either.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: Raven and Lou
I have been enjoying the Rookie.
I don't remember why I started. I never watched it when it was on Broadcast TV.
I must have read a good review of it. And it did get some good scores.
I loved FireFly. and I watched Castle right to the end even though I didn't like the last season that much. So I guess I am now a Nathan Fillion fan.

At first I didn't think I would stick with the Rookie. All the interpersonal stuff seemed too soapy. and the police stuff seemed unrealistic. Every episode has a shoot out. But after just a few episodes I stopped minding and liked the show a lot. There are a 20 episodes/season and 8 seasons. So I'm not sure I'll stick with it that long but so far so good.

One little thing I like about the Rookie is that they have some good guest stars. they already had Alan Tudyk on once. I wonder if him and Nathan are friends cause I have seen him and Nathan share quite a few small screens. They had Joel McHale (from community) and some other guys who just played themselves. (The character McHale played was basically the same character he always plays).

I just peeked and there are a bunch of Castle actors who will eventually cameo. I hope there will be more Firefly friends too.

oh and one guy I couldn't figure out where I recognized him from. I checked IMDB and was not familiar with him. Then on checking further I found out that I've seen his twin brother, Aaron Ashmore, was on a few shows I liked.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I have been enjoying the Rookie.
I don't remember why I started. I never watched it when it was on Broadcast TV.
I must have read a good review of it. And it did get some good scores.
I loved FireFly. and I watched Castle right to the end even though I didn't like the last season that much. So I guess I am now a Nathan Fillion fan.

At first I didn't think I would stick with the Rookie. All the interpersonal stuff seemed too soapy. and the police stuff seemed unrealistic. Every episode has a shoot out. But after just a few episodes I stopped minding and liked the show a lot. There are a 20 episodes/season and 8 seasons. So I'm not sure I'll stick with it that long but so far so good.

One little thing I like about the Rookie is that they have some good guest stars. they already had Alan Tudyk on once. I wonder if him and Nathan are friends cause I have seen him and Nathan share quite a few small screens. They had Joel McHale (from community) and some other guys who just played themselves. (The character McHale played was basically the same character he always plays).

I just peeked and there are a bunch of Castle actors who will eventually cameo. I hope there will be more Firefly friends too.

oh and one guy I couldn't figure out where I recognized him from. I checked IMDB and was not familiar with him. Then on checking further I found out that I've seen his twin brother, Aaron Ashmore, was on a few shows I liked.
I was going to watch The Rookie, but then I forgot about it.

I liked Castle and Firefly. The black woman from Castle (I think she was the forensic one) was in Seal Team for a few episodes.

Have you seen Buffy? Nathan Fillion and David Boreanz are both in that. Nathan Fillion is only in it for a few episodes.

I really loved Buffy. I watched it years after it was on TV.

Reactions: Emma JC
we started watching Loudermilk and enjoyed the first few episodes and now I lost patience with it and we watched The Proposal with Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds etc - had seen it before and still enjoyed it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
Have you seen Buffy? Nathan Fillion and David Boreanz are both in that. Nathan Fillion is only in it for a few episodes.

I really loved Buffy. I watched it years after it was on TV.
odd thing about Buffy. the original movie I really liked.
When the TV show came out I didn't think they did the movie justice.
Also at the time I was biased against teenage dramas. Especially ones that included Vampires.
Since then I have seen the TV show on many lists of the best SF tv.
I should probably re-check it out. But there are So many episodes - not sure if I want to make a commitment.

The actress from the original Buffy film was in Seal Team too. I haven't seen that film, but I recognised her name in the opening credits.

I assumed having her in Seal Team was a nod to Buffy. I think you would like Buffy, but it is a long series.

Jason Hayes (David Boreanz) had a therapist who was trying to make him eat plant based and he was making jokes about how bad vegan food is and I wondered if that was to do with the show Bones. I never really watched that, but I know his co-star Emily Deschanel is a famous vegan.

I finished "Hawkeye" and started watching "Echo" which is a spin-off. Really like it!

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
We are thinking of watching the new True Detective show. We only watched the first season. I think we did try the 2nd, but it was pretty crap.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I was thinking of getting the free 7 day trial of Paramount+ to watch the Superbowl. I've never actually watched one.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I'm not sure. I think in the UK. I have to see if we have the CBS channel. I think it starts at 11.30 at night here! I just thought I should watch it for once.

I'm not sure. I think in the UK. I have to see if we have the CBS channel. I think it starts at 11.30 at night here! I just thought I should watch it for once.
Why? LOL Do you like American football? I never watch it myself but it is an American tradition for millions! I grew up in a sports oriented family so got my fill then! LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven