TV & Film The TV Room

I can't watch it live so I checked my phone every so often and was so happy!! 'you know who' should never have endorsed them as they went on a downhill slope from there - Go Oilers!! Many of the players on the team are Canadian born and yet many are from other places all over the world and it is so cool when they play together in harmony. And... hey Florida.... do not disrespect our Anthem when it is played on Monday, as you did last time, not cool! Almost half of the Panthers are also Canadian and 1/5 of them are Americans... the rest are also from all over the world.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Ugh, right?? I'm so embarrassed as an American when the disrespect happens. I was watching the U.S. Open golf tournament last week, and when Rory McIlroy (from Northern Ireland) started to slide, chants of USA, USA broke out among the gallery, in favor of the eventual winner, Bryson DeChambeau (from the U.S. ).Totally classless. I suspect most of those who disrespect others' anthems and cultures are fans of "you know who." It makes me sick. And they are clueless hockey fans if they do that because as you said, half the Panthers are Canadian or from other countries. And I love the Canadian national anthem! I've known all the words (even some of the French words) from watching hockey since I was a kid!

Also, that stinks that you can't watch it live. It's actually been on free TV here because ESPN (cable) has the rights to the Finals, but it also owns ABC, which I can sometimes get over the air. I had to stream last night because the stormy weather was affecting reception.

Reactions: Emma JC
I binged the second season of Life and Beth yesterday.

Today. I am so tired I can not pay attention to anything. Wild and weird homes are fun.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Checking my email and Mint Mobile offered me 6 months of Paramount Plus for free. I put it on my Kindle Fire - so I'll probably watch something on that at the gym. Do you have any recommendations?

Reactions: PTree15
One of my friends hooked me up with Shoresy, a hockey comedy from Canada. OMG, it's hilarious, and all the hockey references are awesome! It's full of very foul language, but honestly, I could not stop laughing. It sort of reminds me of the movie Slap Shot, but on steroids, lol.

The banter and the chirping among the players is amazing, and the delivery is just nuts. I had to rewind a couple of times because I missed lines while laughing. I can see why the episodes are just 25 to 30 minutes because there's no way they could keep that up for more than that. There are three seasons so far, and I'm on the first season. I'm going to have fun bingeing this one. :D

Checking my email and Mint Mobile offered me 6 months of Paramount Plus for free. I put it on my Kindle Fire - so I'll probably watch something on that at the gym. Do you have any recommendations?
Paramount+ is the home of the Star Trek shows that I have watched. I haven't watched anything else lately.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Paramount+ is the home of the Star Trek shows that I have watched. I haven't watched anything else lately.
oh good. I've seen most of them but ....
I only got through a few episodes of Picard and Discovery. Maybe they are worth checking out again.
Oh, I don't think I've seen the second season of Strange New Worlds

I watched season 2 of Space Force recently with Mrs Summer. I think it was just 7 episodes. We didn't really have high expectations, but overall I liked it well enough, and I hope they make a season 3.

Rewatching Hart of Dixie. It's not as good as I remember the first two times that I saw it. Season one was go. Two was really bad. Three is a little better.

• Informative
started watching Chimp Empire on Netflix last night as someone on a podcast mentioned it - the story behind the filming is quite incredible (scientists / 30 years / etc) and the visuals are stunning ... the chimps are so used to people (they don't feed them or get within 200 yards) that they just ignore them and live their lives which are quite intricate, political etc

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I binged on Only Murders in the Building. With that cast I think anything would be great!
I just hope they can continue it somehow. That last episode.......
We're a bit slow sometimes, so have only recently started watching this. Seems quite good so far, but we've only watched a couple of episodes so far.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
We're a bit slow sometimes, so have only recently started watching this. Seems quite good so far, but we've only watched a couple of episodes so far.
I still haven't finished season one. I like it but haven't found it compelling.

Now watching the third season of Sweet Tooth

Reactions: Emma JC