Announcement Thread rating

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Just wanted to call attention to this feature again, and to update you on something new you can do with it. (See last paragraph!)

Also, one area of the board that can really benefit from thread rating is the recipes. Just saying!

The purpose of thread rating is to indicate your appreciation of a certain thread, and to promote good quality threads. The first post (the "OP") is one of the more important things to consider when you rate a thread, but the other posts in it are important as well of course. All ratings for a thread will be averaged and the resulting average is displayed as a number of stars. To rate a thread, open/click the thread and then there should be some star symbol thing in the top right somewhere. (Of course, you can't rate threads you have started yourself.)

Also note that it's now possible to change the display order of threads based on the averaged thread ratings. (Edited to add: Click on the Thread Display Options at the bottom of the sub-forum to find this sorting criterion.) I'm considering making thread rating the default sorting criterion in certain sub-forums ... But then again, maybe not. Not sure yet!

I tried to see who had voted and ended up giving this thread three stars......well, I'll stick with that, there is a distinct lack of recipes!

Can't we see who voterated any moar?

I tried to see who had voted and ended up giving this thread three stars......well, I'll stick with that, there is a distinct lack of recipes!

Can't we see who voterated any moar?
Ah yes. I had forgotten to grant that permission. Should be working now.

Ah yes. I had forgotten to grant that permission. Should be working now.
Yep,just checked it's working.Kibbleforlola,Blobbenstein and AmySF just rated this one.

ETA:But I am a little confused about the thread order option.Is ascending order older posts first and then descending is newer posts first?

Last edited: