Today's Vegan Menu (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that recipe. I need to make another one soon. Maybe pumpkin this time... Let me know what you think
Oh...my...god.....LOVE IT! I has just the right amount of sweetness. It's almost like a quiche. I've divvied it up into slices already and will have it for breakfast or even for a dessert all week, as it will be busy at work and I won't feel like cooking. I totally will be making this for Christmas morning as well! Thanks again for the recipe.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
OK so been a long day today:
Sunday Breakfast -(9am) small bowl of granola/dates/cranberries/blueberries & Almond milk - 1min in microwave
Sunday Tea (4pm) two slices of brown seeded bread with Sage& Onion from Redwood
Sunday late dinner (11pm) got a meal out of the freezer I made a few weeks ago Mashed Potato / and a leek & mushroom pie with puff pastry
Monday (2:30) an Alpro Soya yoghurt
Dont finish for another five or so hours, so may just get the munchies again before I sleep.

I work in the UK but often have to work the hours of my customers - two days a week Im in Singapore (well I wish I was)..

Going to do some cooking later tonight, have some asparagus to use up...

B- Gingerbread waffles (made using gingerbread baking mix) with raisins and topped with mashed banana. A couple mugs of tea (make that one mug, my cat just dumped the second one all over the floor >_<)
L- Not sure yet
D- I asked my boyfriend to make me dinner for my birthday, instead of going out. He suggested a thai-inspired risotto. Basically just a plain risotto topped with some sort of Thai curry stir-fry that he has yet to decide on. No doubt he'll be mulling over some recipes for inspiration as the day progresses.

Reactions: PTree15
I hope your birthday dinner comes out wonderfully! Happy birthday :)

Apple cinnamon tofu bake, tea, two clementines
Banana, almonds
Seitan shepherd's pie
Chickpea cutlets, salad of greens and veggies, roasted Brussels sprouts (I'm crazy for sprouts right now)

Reactions: hungryraccoon
B- Gingerbread waffles (made using gingerbread baking mix) with raisins and topped with mashed banana. A couple mugs of tea (make that one mug, my cat just dumped the second one all over the floor >_<)
L- Not sure yet
D- I asked my boyfriend to make me dinner for my birthday, instead of going out. He suggested a thai-inspired risotto. Basically just a plain risotto topped with some sort of Thai curry stir-fry that he has yet to decide on. No doubt he'll be mulling over some recipes for inspiration as the day progresses.
Happy Birthday! :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355770081763.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355770081763.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 106
I hope your birthday dinner comes out wonderfully! Happy birthday :)

Apple cinnamon tofu bake, tea, two clementines
Banana, almonds
Seitan shepherd's pie
Chickpea cutlets, salad of greens and veggies, roasted Brussels sprouts (I'm crazy for sprouts right now)

Thanks for the birthday wishes. By the way, I am a sprout addict these days as well. I went grocery shopping yesterday and I was so disappointed that Trader Joe's didn't have any of the giant stalks they were selling. It was $3.49 for what often came out to 3 or 4+ pounds of sprouts. Now I may be having withdrawals, haha.

Yesterday, my boyfriend took me out to one of my favorite restaurants for a late lunch. I had Berbere-spiced chickpeas, and a Zucchini, roasted bell pepper and hummus panini with a small mixed greens salad. Everything was so delicious, but also so filling that as we were leaving the restaurant, I told him it was unlikely I was going to be hungry for dinner. I asked for a rain check, so he is going to come over and make it for me tonight instead. That way, I will have a nice meal to look forward to when I get home from the office.

Today's menu:
B- Hot cereal and tea
S- A banana and some raw meal powder with water (that stuff really keeps me satisfied til lunch, I love it)
L- Some crock pot veggie bisque I pulled from the freezer, containing cauliflower, potato, celery, carrot, onion, and some various herbs and spices. A slice of toast and an apple
D- The aforementioned belated birthday dinner.

I know what you mean about the sprouts prices. They are expensive in regular grocery stores. I love Trader Joe's.
Enjoy your birthday dinner. :)

Today's menu:
Apple cinnamon tofu bake, tea
Banana chocolate peanut butter smoothie
Seitan shepherd's pie
Spaghetti with spicy peanut sauce, salad of mixed greens and veggies

B- Chickpea omelet, pizza-style. I added tomato paste, mushrooms, onion and dried herbs to the batter and topped it with some vegan mozzarella from Trader Joe's. Enjoyed that with half a toasted pita bread and some tea
S- Banana and a scoop of raw meal powder with water
L- Roasted mushroom and white bean soup from the freezer, toast and an apple
D- I worked late and ended up skipping dinner when I got home.

B- Chickpea omelet with the rest of the green curry stir-fry from Tuesday night (My bf made it, but it had green bell pepper, mushroom, shallots, garlic, banana, green curry sauce and sunflower seeds... not sure if I am missing anything) and some tea
L- Shredded romaine lettuce topped with some eggplant stir-fry (eggplant, leeks, ginger, garlic, red curry paste, liquid aminos, crunchy peanut butter) and a handful of orrechiette pasta
D- Still working on using up the servings of miscellaneous soups I pulled from the freezer. Planning to have another one tonight with some toast and an apple

Apple cinnamon tofu bake, tea
Salad of spinach, cucumbers, green peppers, banana peppers, chickpeas, broccoli and black olives; clementines
No idea for dinner as I am going to my office holiday party tonight. I will check out the menu beforehand in case I have to eat something from the work cafeteria.

B- Hot cereal and tea
L- Shredded romaine lettuce topped with some eggplant green curry (eggplant, ginger, garlic, leeks, store-bought green curry sauce) and a handful of orrechiette pasta
D- Either leftover soup and toast, or a chickpea "pizza" omelet with mushroom, onion, vegan sausage, tomato paste and vegan mozzarella, I am craving the omelet more, but the soup needs to be used up. Oh, the responsibility!

Apple cinnamon tofu bake (almost time to make another one :D )
Banana-chocolate-peanut butter smoothie
Seitan shepherd's pie
Buffalo seitan quesadilla with Daiya mozzarella, green olives and red onion, salad of mixed greens and veggies
Wine biscuits and hot chocolate

Apple cinnamon tofu bake (almost time to make another one :D )
I have some silken tofu in the fridge that's getting close dated and PLENTY of extra apples. I think I might have to make one later this weekend to share with my boyfriend's family on Christmas morning...

I had leftover stew for dinner last night, so this morning I made the chickpea pizza omelet and toast for breakfast. Not sure about the rest of the day. Soooo much food to use at my place and naturally I am at my boyfriend's all day. I should have brought more stuff with me.

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- An orange
L- Smoky roasted vegetable bisque (sweet potato, celery, apple, carrot, onion, veggie broth, liquid aminos, liquid smoke, smoked paprika, chipotle seasoning)
D- Salad (mixed field green, cucumber, carrot, snap peas) topped with veggies sauteed in salsa (onion, mushroom, bell pepper) and pasta

B- Hot cereal and tea. We were going to go out for breakfast but the restaurant I chose wasn't open yet and I couldn't think of another that might have vegan options
L- Smoky roasted veggie soup from yesterday and an apple
D- Roasted butternut squash stuffed with kasha, onions, cranberries and walnuts, and a side of roasted brussels sprouts

I have some silken tofu in the fridge that's getting close dated and PLENTY of extra apples. I think I might have to make one later this weekend to share with my boyfriend's family on Christmas morning...

I will be making this for Christmas morning as well. I can't wait for them to try it.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
B - Tangerines, cherry yoghurt and a packet of crisps.:oops::D

L - Vegan sausages and vegan chicken with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, peas, broccoli, carrots, stuffing and gravy. My husband is having some Quorn bacon and Yorkshire puddings too.
I'm not sure what to have for pudding. I have fresh fruit salad, vanilla ice-cream, fruit pies and custard so it depends on how we feel.
Champagne and rose wine to drink.:dance:

D - I might just have some mushroom pate and crackers, if I'm still hungry!;)

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- An apple and a scoop of raw meal powder with water
L- Shredded romaine lettuce topped with tofu and broccoli in a ginger garlic peanut sauce
D- Thinking of making a roasted butternut squash soup with chipotle seasoning

Status
Not open for further replies.