Today's Vegan Menu (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almond biscotti, tea
Apple, banana
Spaghetti with the last of the eggplant balls and sauce, salad
BBQ tofu, steamed green beans, roasted potatoes, salad
If you hadn't thought of this, the eggplant balls I have made before freeze very well. It's a good idea to make a batch and freeze them for those emergency "I don't feel like cooking to have a tasty/healthy dinner" nights.

Today's menu is the same as yesterday's. So tasty, I decided to give it a round 2.

If you hadn't thought of this, the eggplant balls I have made before freeze very well. It's a good idea to make a batch and freeze them for those emergency "I don't feel like cooking to have a tasty/healthy dinner" nights.

Today's menu is the same as yesterday's. So tasty, I decided to give it a round 2.
Yup, these were the last of the frozen ones. They do indeed freeze very well. I had taken them out when I had my parents over for dinner, so there were a few leftover. Time to make more :D

Today's menu:
Almonds, apple
Chickpea cutlet, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, cranberry sauce
Pretzels with spicy mustard
BBQ tofu sandwich on ciabatta with red onion and pickles, salad

B: Cheeze on toast with onion and tomato and a glass of orange juice.
L: I have taken a portion of mushroom pasta out of the freezer to have for lunch.
D: Not sure yet. I might make a batch of vegetable soup later. Probably red lentil, potato, carrot and onion.

B: cereal and hazelnut milk
L: three bean salad, falafels with hummus, mediterranean cous cous, thai-spiced cabbage, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, grated carrot, peppers, croutons, 'bacon' bits, potatoes in mustard dressing
D: fajitas

Reactions: PTree15
^ What bacon bits do you use? I saw some but they had a non-vegan ingredient I'm sure. I know I bought some years ago that were vegan.:)

I thought carmine was derived from insects.

I just went into a bit of a panic, but mine doesn't have that on the label... maybe they changed the recipe :(

Mine says:
Textured Soy Flour*, Partially Hydrogenated Soy Bean Oil, Salt, Corn Starch, Flavourings, Flavour Enhancer (E621), Colours (Caramel, Allura Red Ac), Hydrolysed Soy, Corn, Wheat Gluten.

Bummer if they have!

Apple cake, tea
Almonds, apple, vanilla soy latte
BBQ tofu sandwich on ciabatta bread, salad

B- Hot cereal (oat bran, bran flakes, wheat farina, wheat germ) with raisins, sunflower seeds, CHOCOLATE peanut butter, soymilk powder and ground flax. A couple mugs of black tea. (My Mum got me a replacement French press as an early birthday present)
S- An banana and a scoop of Garden of Life raw meal powder with water
L- Steamed kasha with roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts, beet and apple
D- Either vegan "seafood" salad in a pita with some sweet potato and broccoli, or eggplant stirfry with linguine

I just went into a bit of a panic, but mine doesn't have that on the label... maybe they changed the recipe :(

Mine says:
Textured Soy Flour*, Partially Hydrogenated Soy Bean Oil, Salt, Corn Starch, Flavourings, Flavour Enhancer (E621), Colours (Caramel, Allura Red Ac), Hydrolysed Soy, Corn, Wheat Gluten.

Bummer if they have!

It is synthetic but banned from many countries :

http://www.ukfoodguide.net/e129.htm

Apple cake, tea
Chickpea salad sandwich on toasted oat bread with pickles and red onion
Banana-chocolate-peanut butter smoothie
Leftover Indian food (finally, haha) over jasmine rice, salad

Yesterday:
B- Hot cereal and tea
L- Sauteed brussels sprouts, leek, broccoli, apple and chickpeas with liquid aminos and tahini
D- Orecchiette pasta with sauteed onion, garlic, mushrooms, veggie sausage, steamed broccoli and winter squash

Today's Plan:
B- Hot cereal and tea
L- Chickpea omelet (I used this recipe, but with a little flax added. For filling I used leek, mushrooms and veggie sausage) A side of potatoes
S- A banana
D- I had my mum, boyfriend and brother over for dinner. I made lasagne rolls (which for anyone who is questioning, is basically just cooked lasagne noodles, topped with filling and rolled up like a cinnamon roll, then baked in sauce) I filled mine with tofu/cashew ricotta and spinach. If I had butternut squash, that would be a great option as well. We had them with a side of roasted brussels sprouts

Today's Menu:
B- Hot cereal and tea
S- An apple and a scoop of raw meal powder with water
L- Two leftover spinach and cashew-tofu ricotta lasagne rolls
D- Roasted winter squash stuffed with kasha, onion, veggie sausage and walnuts

Banana-chocolate-peanut butter smoothie
Clementines
Roasted Brussels sprouts, sauteed peppers and onions and shredded carrots over jasmine rice with a dash of sesame oil and tamari
American chop-suey made with veggie sausage, salad

Today's menu was a repeat of yesterday's, but for dinner I made a chickpea omelet with veggie sausage and spinach, and a side of steamed potato

Gluten free waffles for breakfast (yummy!)

For lunch, two nori rolls with carrot, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, baby bellas (mushrooms), avocado, onions, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Watermelon for dessert.

Dinner will likely be Indian take out - channa masala (spicy chickpeas) and saag aloo (creamed spinach and potatoes)

English muffin with Earth Balance and peanut butter :D, banana
Almonds
Spinach salad with broccoli, carrots, banana peppers, chickpeas, corn, red onion, dried cranberries
Dinner will be pizza with Daiya, black olives, onions, avocado and some hot peppers

Apple cinnamon tofu breakfast bake (It's baking right now, and I can't wait to taste it!)
Almonds
Buffalo seitan nuggets
Shepherd's pie

Apple cinnamon tofu breakfast bake (It's baking right now, and I can't wait to taste it!)
Love that recipe. I need to make another one soon. Maybe pumpkin this time... Let me know what you think

B- Chickpea omelet with onion, spinach and peas, a slice of sprouted whole wheat toast and tea
L- Just some oatmeal and tea. I was in a breakfast mood today
D- Linguine with caramelized onions and cauliflower, nutritional yeast and lemon pepper seasoning

Status
Not open for further replies.