Today's Vegan Menu (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up making the tart crustless, and having it with half a roasted acorn squash on the side, and a bowl of soup. The filling wasn't liquidy at all though, so next time I would just bake it right in the squash half, like I originally considered.

The soup was good. I took the leftover and used an immersion blender to get a thicker, more bisque-like consistency.

The cake was deliciously, with a nice rich dark chocolate flavor. I didn't have a bundt pan as small as the one called for by the recipe, so the cake was a bit on the shallow side. Next time, I would double the amount of batter.

B- hot cereal and tea
L- leftover chickpea tart and cauliflower curry soup from the crock pot
D- Stir-fried eggplant, garlic, ginger and leeks with liquid aminos, red curry paste, peanut butter and chopped peanuts served over linguine noodles.

B- Tater tots with sauteed mushrooms, onion, peas, tempeh bacon, nutritional yeast and smoky hot sauce
S- An apple and one scoop of Garden of Life raw meal powder
L- Pot pie soup: potato, peas, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, veggie broth, nutritional yeast, herbs de provence and a little cornstarch to thicken
D- Same as yesterday, but with kasha instead of linguine noodles

B - Granola, strawberries, blueberries, soy yoghurt. Green tea with lemon.
L- Carrot sticks, piri piri houmous. Crunchy peanut butter on a slice on wholemeal toast.
S - Green smoothie (1/2 banana, apple, kale, ginger, almond milk.) Dark chocolate alpro pudding.
D - Pumpkin soup. Cous cous mixed salad on the side.

Pancakes, banana, almonds
Half a grapefruit
Roasted Brussels sprouts, pasta salad (penne, carrots, peas, tomatoes, onions, black olives, Italian dressing)
Seitan buffalo nuggets sandwich on ciabatta bread with sauteed onions and peppers, topped with Daiya cheddar
Vanilla soy latte

B- A large gingerbread pancake (made using TJ's gingerbread baking mix and a little soymilk) topped with half of a sliced banana and a few chopped walnuts. A couple mugs of black tea.
S- The other half of the banana from breakfast and a scoop of Garden of Life raw meal powder
L- Linguine, broccoli and delicata squash topped with cauliflower "alfredo" sauce I resurrected from my freezer, and some tempeh bacon
D- Dinner last night didn't happen, as I ended up working late unexpectedly. I steamed some kasha this morning to save time. I am going to make the eggplant stir-fry when I get home from the office.

Oats, almonds, chopped banana with soya milk and stevia
Chilli made with black beans
Dinner - some kind of soup.

B- Pumpkin gingerbread waffle topped with half a sliced banana and walnuts
S- The other half of the banana and a scoop of Garden of Life raw meal powder
L- Linguine and broccoli with "cheese" sauce (cashews, cauliflower, carrot, leek, garlic, miso paste, nutritional yeast and a little spicy mustard)
D- Leftover roasted mushroom and white bean bisque with toast and a large apple for dessert

B- Hot cereal with pumpkin, cranberries, peanut butter, soymilk, ground flax and chai spice. A couple mugs of black tea

Since it's Thanksgiving in the U.S. I got an early start on some vegan sides to bring to my boyfriend's parent's place for dinner. Roasted butternut squash, roasted brussels sprouts, cooked turnip, mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy. and vegan crock pot apple cake. Not sure what else I will be having, but at least I won't go hungry.

Apple cake :drool:
http://robinrobertson.com/apple-cake-in-a-crock/

I used whole wheat flour, pumpkin instead of applesauce, a combination of raw sugar and maple syrup, and a different kind of apple. It turned out very well. Next time I would reduce the amount of sugar. I had a feeling it was going to be very sweet, but I didn't want to mess with the recipe having not tried it before and risk a total flop at a holiday gathering. It's the sort of cake that would be great with tea or coffee.

Yesterday:
B- Hot cereal (oat bran, wheat farina, bran flakes, wheat germ) with soymilk, canned pumpkin, peanut butter, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, chai spice and ground flax. Black tea
L- An apple and some roasted squash seeds, along with a few samples of things as I was cooking throughout the day
D- Garlic mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, mashed turnip, roasted brussels sprouts, roasted butternut squash, cranberry chutney, green beans with sauteed mushrooms and pearl onions, green salad and a dinner roll. It sounds like a lot, but I only had a little of everything.
S- A small slice of the crock pot apple cake I made, and a small slice of apple crumb pie my boyfriend's mum veganized with Earth Balance margarine.

Today:
B- Hot cereal with canned pumpkin, raisins, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, chai spice and groung flax
S- Banana and a Garden of Life shake
L- Roasted delicata squash filled with kasha, leeks and dried cranberries
D- If I end up at my boyfriend's it will be Thanksgiving leftovers. If not, I will probably make some soup

http://robinrobertson.com/apple-cake-in-a-crock/

I used whole wheat flour, pumpkin instead of applesauce, a combination of raw sugar and maple syrup, and a different kind of apple. It turned out very well. Next time I would reduce the amount of sugar. I had a feeling it was going to be very sweet, but I didn't want to mess with the recipe having not tried it before and risk a total flop at a holiday gathering. It's the sort of cake that would be great with tea or coffee.

Sounds good, I should try it. I made a really nice carrot cake last year.

Sounds good, I should try it. I made a really nice carrot cake last year.

I considered taking this cake recipe and making some further substitutions to do a banana version. A carrot cake variation would be great too. You could easily do pumpkin, or even zucchini crossed my mind. This recipe has a lot of potential, I think.

Yesterday's menu:
B- Hot cereal with pumpkin, raisins, peanut butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground flax. Black tea
L- Thanksgiving tacos (two small tortillas spread with leftover mashed turnip and roasted squash puree, filled with green bean casserole and roasted brussels sprouts and topped with cranberry chutney) and a green salad, without dressing.
S- A slice of leftover crock pot cake and a large apple
D- Brown rice and mixed vegetable stir-fry

Today's plan:
B- Same as yesterday
L- A big slice of crock pot apple cake
D- Some curried cauliflower soup I resurrected from the freezer, a slice of toast and a large apple

Toast with peanut butter and raspberry preserves, almonds
Orange, banana
Buffalo seitan nuggets, bleu cheez dressing, hummus and pretzels
Fudge

Toast with peanut butter and raspberry preserves, almonds
Orange, banana
Buffalo seitan nuggets, bleu cheez dressing, hummus and pretzels
Fudge
Speaking of buffalo nuggets... I keep wanting to try this recipe. It seems to pop up all the time when I am looking at vegan recipe sites: http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-wings.aspx
It's basically just cauliflower florets coated in a tempura-like batter, baked, and covered in buffalo sauce. My omni brother and boyfriend both want to try it as well, so we might have to finally test it out, the next time we plan a get-together.

Today's Menu:
B- Tater tots, three slices of tempeh bacon, sauteed onions and peas with nutritional yeast and smoky hot sauce
S- A slice of apple cinnamon tofu custard
L- Roasted beets, and a kasha pilaf I made in my rice steamer (kasha, leeks, dried cranberries and chopped walnuts)
D- Hot cereal, because I was tired and lazy, haha

Reactions: PTree15
Speaking of buffalo nuggets... I keep wanting to try this recipe. It seems to pop up all the time when I am looking at vegan recipe sites: http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-wings.aspx
It's basically just cauliflower florets coated in a tempura-like batter, baked, and covered in buffalo sauce. My omni brother and boyfriend both want to try it as well, so we might have to finally test it out, the next time we plan a get-together.
I have been wanting to try that as well. I so love cauliflower.

Toast with Earth Balance and peach preserves, orange, almonds
Crackers with Daiya cheddar slices, apple, carrots and hummus
Spaghetti with eggplant balls and sauce, garlic ciabatta bread, salad of greens, carrots, olives, hot peppers andred onions
Fudge, red wine

Spaghetti with eggplant balls and sauce, garlic ciabatta bread, salad of greens, carrots, olives, hot peppers andred onions

Another recipe that's on my short list... eggplant meatballs. I haven't made them in months, but I was recently ranting about how much I love eggplant and all the ways I can prepare it, when I remembered that recipe. Seems we are on the same wavelength, PTree.

Today:
B- Gingerbread waffle with chopped walnuts and mashed banana. A couple mugs of black tea
L- Linguine with cauliflower alfredo, steamed broccoli and the last few slices of tempeh bacon that need to be used up
D- The plan is to make lentil loaf and have it with roasted squash but I might not feel that motivated come 5:30.

Another recipe that's on my short list... eggplant meatballs. I haven't made them in months, but I was recently ranting about how much I love eggplant and all the ways I can prepare it, when I remembered that recipe. Seems we are on the same wavelength, PTree.

Today:
B- Gingerbread waffle with chopped walnuts and mashed banana. A couple mugs of black tea
L- Linguine with cauliflower alfredo, steamed broccoli and the last few slices of tempeh bacon that need to be used up
D- The plan is to make lentil loaf and have it with roasted squash but I might not feel that motivated come 5:30.
Indeed :)
By the way, do you happen to have a recipe for the apple cinnamon tofu custard? That just sounds delightful!

B - peanut butter on seedy toast
L - carrot and cucumber sticks with onion humus and wholemeal pitta bread
S - handful of pistachios
D - homemade Lincolnshire 'sausages' with runner beans, sweet corn and gravy
P - chocolate orange cupcake warmed in the microwave :) xxx

Reactions: PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.