Today's Vegan Menu (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday:
B Homemade belgian waffle (infused with banana, spinach, carrot, beet, and red cabbage) topped with blueberries, strawberries, shredded coconut and maple syrup. Glass of almond milk
L - Sandwich with peanut butter, apricot jam, fresh strawberries, cucumber, spinach and cinnamon. Side garden salad to go with it.
D - The rest of the side salad I didn't finish at lunch. Breakfast and lunch were delicious, but super super filling DX

Today:
B - Smoothie. Gonna be more careful with what I throw into the blender from now on. Today's smoothie was horrible. I was actually gagging on it while drinking it. If I wasn't at work, I would've thrown it out and made a new one. At least it was healthy?

L - Sandwich packed with veggies and an apple. This was super delicious :D Made up for an abysmal breakfast.

D - Broccoli bisque <-- So amazing! Totally recommend it. To give you the cliffsnote version, it was made from soaked cashews, broth, and steamed broccoli pureed in the blender, and then simmered on the stove.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
Yesterday:
B Homemade belgian waffle (infused with banana, spinach, carrot, beet, and red cabbage) topped with blueberries, strawberries, shredded coconut and maple syrup. Glass of almond milk
L - Sandwich with peanut butter, apricot jam, fresh strawberries, cucumber, spinach and cinnamon. Side garden salad to go with it.
D - The rest of the side salad I didn't finish at lunch. Breakfast and lunch were delicious, but super super filling DX

Today:
B - Smoothie. Gonna be more careful with what I throw into the blender from now on. Today's smoothie was horrible. I was actually gagging on it while drinking it. If I wasn't at work, I would've thrown it out and made a new one. At least it was healthy?

L - Sandwich packed with veggies and an apple. This was super delicious :D Made up for an abysmal breakfast.

D - Broccoli bisque <-- So amazing! Totally recommend it. To give you the cliffsnote version, it was made from soaked cashews, broth, and steamed broccoli pureed in the blender, and then simmered on the stove.

Did you use smoothie/juice when making the waffle, or did you just add mashed banana and shredded veggie to the batter?
I thought the idea of a PB and J sandwich with cucumber and spinach on it seemed odd, but then I realized how I love veggies with peanut sauce, and leafy green salads with fruit added to them, so perhaps it's not as unusual as it first seemed.

That broccoli bisque sounds great. I love how most soup recipes are just whatever ingredient are in the name, and veggie broth and generally the proportions and spices are all just up to personal taste. It makes it really easy to improvise a proper meal from refrigerator scraps.

Reactions: PTree15
I thought the idea of a PB and J sandwich with cucumber and spinach on it seemed odd, but then I realized how I love veggies with peanut sauce, and leafy green salads with fruit added to them, so perhaps it's not as unusual as it first seemed.
We may be onto something! :yes:

Is that coconut whip you had with the berries? Sounds intriguing. Who makes it? As horrible and chemical-filled as it is, Cool Whip was a staple of my childhood and was damn good with berries or in ambrosia salad.
OMG, I miss ambrosia salad!

Today:
Almond biscotti, banana, tea
Mini omelets topped with Daiya cheddar shreds and buffalo sauce; side of home fries with onions and peppers; apple
I'm not sure what dinner will be, but I'm leaning toward bean and rice burritos; the other options are a pasta dish or maybe some chickpea cutlets with potatoes and carrots, though I had potatoes at lunch, haha.
I am going to make banana-almond butter ice cream tonight and top it with that awesome chocolate sauce I got at the Boston Veg Fest. Gawd, that stuff is so tasty.

OMG, I miss ambrosia salad!

Today:
Almond biscotti, banana, tea
Mini omelets topped with Daiya cheddar shreds and buffalo sauce; side of home fries with onions and peppers; apple
I'm not sure what dinner will be, but I'm leaning toward bean and rice burritos; the other options are a pasta dish or maybe some chickpea cutlets with potatoes and carrots, though I had potatoes at lunch, haha.
I am going to make banana-almond butter ice cream tonight and top it with that awesome chocolate sauce I got at the Boston Veg Fest. Gawd, that stuff is so tasty.

My cousins' mother (used to be my aunt by marriage) used to always bring ambrosia salad to holiday gatherings. Funny how I was never the biggest fan then, but somehow I miss it now. Nostalgia for childhood, perhaps?

I remember how you kept walking past that vendor, debating about the fudge sauce before finally succumbing to the temptation. I am glad it was worth the investment. I already can't wait for the next one!

B- Hot cereal and gingerbread coffee with almond milk
S- TJ's vanilla soy yogurt and a granny smith apple
L- The last of the rice lentil and broccoli casserole I made last week
D- A smoothie made with a frozen container of Silk strawberry yogurt, some frozen bananas and water

B - cereal with soy milk (what a surprise!)

S- banana & a few crackers

L- baked tofu & roasted potatoes

S- mandarin orange

D- boca burger with vegan mayo & a side of refried beans

My cousins' mother (used to be my aunt by marriage) used to always bring ambrosia salad to holiday gatherings. Funny how I was never the biggest fan then, but somehow I miss it now. Nostalgia for childhood, perhaps?

I remember how you kept walking past that vendor, debating about the fudge sauce before finally succumbing to the temptation. I am glad it was worth the investment. I already can't wait for the next one!
I can't wait, either. :) That was a fun day! The sauce was totally worth it. I have been rationing it out, to make it last as long as possible, hehe. I also found the Gardein fishless filets at Walmart, of all places! My grocery store didn't have them, but Wally World did. I think they are my new favorite Gardein product.

Gingerfoxx, I blended the banana and veggies all together with the wet ingredients, and then mixed them into the dry and then cooked as normal. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe to write down. I just sort of trialed-and-errored until the batter was the right consistency and then cooked them up.
You should totally try the PBJ I had. :) It's fantastic. I knew fresh fruit as well as cucumber go really well together with peanut butter, and I also love strawberry-spinach salad, so it just suddenly hit me once that fresh fruit, cucumber, peanut butter and spinach must work together, and as I discovered way back, it really does!

Today:

B - Smoothie. This one was so good! After yesterday's disaster I pretty much made a fruit smoothie and added some carrot for some veg. I did almond milk, hemp seeds, one banana, 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup mango, a few pomegranate seeds, a spoonful of apple sauce, and 1/2 cup carrot.
L - The rest of yesterday's veggie sandwich with steamed broccoli and cauliflower
D - Whole wheat pasta with cashew 'cheese' sauce and spinach
Dessert - Chocolate zucchini muffin. Just baked these today. Love, love zucchini in pastries! :D

B- Hot cereal and TJ's Winter Blend coffee
S- TJ's vanilla soy yogurt and a granny smith apple
L- Some casserole I made with brown rice, lentils, tomato sauce, green beans, onion, garlic, herbs and spices
D- I am going to a science lecture at a local pub right after work. They have a veggie burger on the menu, but I might just wait til I get home and make soup.

Yesterday:

B - toast with peanut butter and a glass of orange juice

S- apple sliced up and dipped in peanut butter

L - baked tofu, roasted potatoes and refried beans

D - we went to mellow mushroom for pizza. They have a vegan crust, vegan red sauce, and daiya vegan cheese. We also had spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted red peppers and artichokes on top. I'll have some of this for lunch today :)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Yesterday I did pretty good. Still arguably not enough for me. :shrug:
I'm planning on adding in a smoothie in the morning when I start back to school to prevent any more loss.

Breakfast: Watermelon w/ .5 tbsp almond butter, 6 oz coconut yogurt, 1 c cooked oatmeal, 8 oz cashew milk

Snack: 8 oz hot cocoa made w/almond milk, 3/4 c blueberries

Lunch: Sandwich on 2 slices bread w/3 slices soy ham, carrot sticks, salad w/1 tbsp dressing, pickles

Snack: Gluten-free pretzels

Dinner: Pita bread w/lettuce

Snack: Kashi granola & seed bar (yes, Kashi *finally* made a vegan granola bar, no honey or anything!!!)

Not logged: a ton of diet Pepsi. [emoji14] Gotta live a little.

B- Hot cereal and Trader Joe's Wintry Blend coffee
S- Fresh strawberries and blueberries
L- The last of the brown rice, lentil and green bean casserole
D- A slice of improvised beet-loaf (beets, carrot, kale stems, onion, chickpea flour, oats, walnuts, coriander, thyme, salt and pepper) drizzled with tahini

Some of my best meals come from improvising with a meager selection in the fridge. I would repeat this one.

B- Hot cereal and Trader Joe's Wintry Blend coffee
S- A banana blueberry yogurt muffin, and a bite-sized sweet potato chocolate chip cookie
L- Roasted winter squash and sweet potato bisque
D- Spaghetti squash with roasted beet and carrot, crumbled veggie burger and tahini

Last edited:
Ok, maybe dinner was lacking a bit. :) But you ate all good food!
This! Stick some more veggies on there (I do NOT get your love of lettuce.. Lol! It tastes like nothing!) but you did good! I'm proud of you, girly!!!

Reactions: Scorpius
B - cereal and soy milk

L - a bunch of fries & a dr pepper

D - yellow rice, vegan shells and cheese, roll.

I ate like crap today.. But I'm normally a lot better! I promise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.