Today's Vegan Menu

Toasted soda bread with Earth Balance, green grapes, black coffee
Hummus with broccoli, carrots and celery
Pretzels
Dinner will be leftover pasta with Aldi's meatless balls and a side salad with Italian dressing.
I might have homemade trail mix for a snack (peanuts, semisweet chocolate chips, raisins).

Reactions: Val and shyvas
Prunes and coffee
Oats, almond milk, ground flax, and lots of blueberries
Spring greens, carrots, red pepper, olives, garbanzos, and beets with tahini dressing
Brown basmati and green lentils with veggies. Added some french fried onions to be more palatable (what a difference those things make :rolleyes:)
Apple
Need something else.....:???:

Porridge. Coffee with soya milk/cream + stevia.
A quinoa & red cabbage salad with vinaigrette & aqua faba mayonnaise. Strawberry & almond milk ice cream.
Ww spaghetti bol. Banana & strawberry smoothie.
An apple.

Reactions: Val
Porridge. Coffee with soya milk/cream + stevia.
A quinoa & red cabbage salad with vinaigrette & aqua faba mayonnaise. Strawberry & almond milk ice cream.
Ww spaghetti bol. Banana & strawberry smoothie.
An apple.
Did you make the mayo yourself?:flirt: Sounds intriguing...:innocent:

I never buy mayonnaise or vinaigrette. I made a small batch using organic oil,lemon and mustard plus aqua faba water :

What did you cook or Bake today?
Yay! Thanks for the idea.:hug: I need to learn how to make it right away.:D (Minus oil, if possible,- i guess, that's going to be a hard task!)
P.S.... i saw vegan mayo in vegan shops a couple times, but i didn't like the list of ingredients and didn't buy it.:shrug:

Yay! Thanks for the idea.:hug: I need to learn how to make it right away.:D (Minus oil, if possible,- i guess, that's going to be a hard task!)
P.S.... i saw vegan mayo in vegan shops a couple times, but i didn't like the list of ingredients and didn't buy it.:shrug:

You can't make real mayonnaise without oil. Are you not allowed to eat small quantities ?
It really is delicious and comes out very light.

To make a lighter version, you can add 1/2 mayonnaise to pb yogurt.

You can't make real mayonnaise without oil. Are you not allowed to eat small quantities ?
It really is delicious and comes out very light.

To make a lighter version, you can add 1/2 mayonnaise to pb yogurt.
Well, small quantities won't be a problem:), i think,- as i still buy store-made pickled yuba which contains veeeery small quantity of some oil (i'm not even sure which one), but i almost gave up eating store-brand houmous, as now all of them seem too oily to me.

Well, small quantities won't be a problem:), i think,- as i still buy store-made pickled yuba which contains veeeery small quantity of some oil (i'm not even sure which one), but i almost gave up eating store-brand houmous, as now all of them seem too oily to me.

I only have a small tbs when I eat mayonnaise. I'm not keen on shop brands of purees and sauces. I think that home made
food tastes so much better.

I only have a small tbs when I eat mayonnaise. I'm not keen on shop brands of purees and sauces. I think that home made
food tastes so much better.
I agree,- i used to make tomato sauce back in the day. Why have i become so dumb and lazy now???:iiam: :p

That really is an easy one. :p
Yes, many easy sauces can be made at home, but they require using blender, and it's a pain in the *ss to deal with a blender, plus it makes a lot of noise. It's a real shame though:fp:. I used to make a tasty gazpacho, and i have a very powerful, modern and expensive blender. What keeps me from using it more often??:iiam: Maybe, the matter is that i don't like smoothies and cream of soup. The other thing is our juice maker: it would be expensive to make fresh fruit juices on a daily basis, but(!) i used to make cabbage juice and it was very good, and i was feeling how i was filled with energy after drinking it.:ma: But juice maker also makes a lot of trouble. ...Eeedh, it would be great, if the food appeared on my table from nowhere, like in the fairytale (this variant suits me pretty well:rofl:).

Yes, many easy sauces can be made at home, but they require using blender, and it's a pain in the *ss to deal with a blender, plus it makes a lot of noise. It's a real shame though:fp:. I used to make a tasty gazpacho, and i have a very powerful, modern and expensive blender. What keeps me from using it more often??:iiam: Maybe, the matter is that i don't like smoothies and cream of soup. The other thing is our juice maker: it would be expensive to make fresh fruit juices on a daily basis, but(!) i used to make cabbage juice and it was very good, and i was feeling how i was filled with energy after drinking it.:ma: But juice maker also makes a lot of trouble. ...Eeedh, it would be great, if the food appeared on my table from nowhere, like in the fairytale (this variant suits me pretty well:rofl:).

I use a Ninja. As it has a high wattage, it only takes seconds to make a smoothie, mayonnaise or other. Moreover, it works out so much cheaper to make your own food.;)

I leave my Ninja out on the worktop.

I use a Ninja. As it has a high wattage, it only takes seconds to make a smoothie, mayonnaise or other. Moreover, it works out so much cheaper to make your own food.;)

I leave my Ninja out on the worktop.
Oh, wow!:up: I looked it up, and i'm impressed (and a little jealous, lol:D).
My blender is very modest compared to yours, but it's still much better than all the blenders altogether that my acquaintances own.
Here it is:lol: (it can blend very hard substances in the main bowl, and hard nuts - in the top additional "bowl").
IMG_20190314_103635.jpg

Last edited:
The Ninja isn't really that expensive (considering all the dishes you can make) and it's quite small. It does make all the difference if you have a blender with a high wattage.

Ninja - QVC UK

The Ninja isn't really that expensive and it's quite small. It does make all the difference if you have a blender with a high wattage.
In general, i'm contented with the one that i have,- it also has high wattage. When it works, it looks like a space ship, mostly due to its blue light that switches on while it works.:D The difficulties occur when i have to wash its bladders after using it, especially if oil is involved.:p

In general, i'm contented with the one that i have,- it also has high wattage. When it works, it looks like a space ship, mostly due to its blue light that switches on while it works.:D The difficulties occur when i have to wash its bladders after using it, especially if oil is involved.:p

You can add washing up liquid plus hot water and whizz it.

Breakfast was a sandwich with wholemeal bread, "ham" and mustard.

I got a salad from Co-op after my walk and added extra sliced cucumber, vegan mayo and apple cider vinegar to it.

I've also had an Alpro chocolate dessert pot and a tangerine.

I'm going to cut cauliflower into chunks and put spray oil, garlic salt and Frank's hot sauce on it and bake it in the oven for a (big) snack this afternoon.:p

I'm going to make a potato, chickpea and spinach curry tonight.

I've had green tea and water and will have white wine later.:cool:

It feels like I'm eating a lot of food considering I'm on Weight Watchers!