Unilever suing Hampton Creek to get Just Mayo removed from shelves

A vegan product like Just Mayo sitting on Walmart's shelf next to the Hellman's real mayonnaise and close to their price point is huge. There is no way a mom and pop could compete.

The richest man in Asia is a partner in Hampton, luckily, since they are apparently going to need to pay some attorneys.
I don't think he's a partner, just an investor. Bill Gates is an investor too. Hopefully, one of them will lend their legal team to Hampton Creek.

A vegan product like Just Mayo sitting on Walmart's shelf next to the Hellman's real mayonnaise and close to their price point is huge. There is no way a mom and pop could compete.
Small businesses can compete in surprising ways but my point is that a business funded by some very wealthy individuals isn't exactly an independent business. I don't think Just Mayo is huge, after all, there are already tons of vegan products at Walmart, etc.

The richest man in Asia is a partner in Hampton, luckily, since they are apparently going to need to pay some attorneys.
The investors aren't going to pay attorney fees nor are they unlikely to spend much time thinking about things, for these investors this is just one of many start-ups they've invested in and they know many of such investments will go bust.

It's a shame the news stories haven't pointed out what a hypocrite Unilever is. They sell hollandaise sauce under their Knorr label, which contains no egg, although egg is a required ingredient.
Is it legally a required ingredient? But whether or not Unilever is a hypocrite has no barring on the case, the critical issue here is whether consumers are buying Just Mayo thinking they are buying an egg-based emulsion or not. Given that Hampton put a big egg shape on their packaging....I think most would be under that impression.

yes, if I saw this label and didn't know about the product I would think it was mayo being advertised as containing egg and plant ingredients.
product_product-large_just-mayo-320.jpg.jpg

Although not all of their mayo has a picture of an egg on the label, looking at Google Images.