VeggieViews Communal Cook-Fest!! - May 21st, 2016

No pix from me... but I was doing a lot of gardening on Saturday the 21st, so Sunday the 22nd was my Cook-fest, such as it was. I cooked lentil stew like I planned- simple, but healthy and rather tasty: brown lentils, cooked with a little canola oil and some of my home-grown lovage (an herb that tastes like really strong celery, but I only used a sprig in a big pot). When they were done, I had some of them over cooked white rice with some canned Italian-style tomatoes.

After they had cooled down, I put some of them in the freezer and some in the main refrigerator compartment. I'll be eating them different ways over the next few days.

The pics aren't fancy, especially since some of it's been eaten already.
The sauce, baked beans and vegetable curry. The curry is outstanding this time around. I cut back on the amount of five spice powder.
3de0a93c1802f976bc08d4caa148c7ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The curry pic is minus the red lentils which I cooked separately. Tonight I had it over tofu and even that was really good.

The pics aren't fancy, especially since some of it's been eaten already.
The sauce, baked beans and vegetable curry. The curry is outstanding this time around. I cut back on the amount of five spice powder.
3de0a93c1802f976bc08d4caa148c7ca.jpg

That looks awesome. Those beans...mmmmm! I've actually never made baked beans from scratch. I think I will have to rectify that. :D

The beans are crazy delicious. You know I added extra molasses, hahahahaha!

Reactions: Freesia
I have made lasagne several times in my slow cooker. ;)
Yes, I think I remember you mentioning that and it made me want to do it. [emoji4] I should do a practice run, maybe this weekend. I've been wanting to make it for my work peeps so they can see how good vegan lasagna can be.

Yes, I think I remember you mentioning that and it made me want to do it.
emoji4.png
I should do a practice run, maybe this weekend. I've been wanting to make it for my work peeps so they can see how good vegan lasagna can be.

Yes, I think I remember you mentioning that and it made me want to do it. [emoji4] I should do a practice run, maybe this weekend. I've been wanting to make it for my work peeps so they can see how good vegan lasagna can be.

Supper Time! What's on tonight's menu ?

Would you like a few tips as you'll be making it for the first time ? ;)

It really is delicious and worth making in the sc.

I'm in...if I buy a new crockpot on time. Mine crapped out recently, lol. It's more than 30 years old, so I got my money's worth. :D

Reactions: Freesia