VeggieViews Communal Cook-Fest!! - May 21st, 2016

I'm not keen on red wine after is has been opened for a few hours. I usually keep it in the fridge if I have some left over.
I do prefer it the day I open it, and I, too, put the leftover it in the fridge. If the bottle hasn't cost me too much, I sometimes will use it in cooking. This bottle was a little pricey, so I'll be drinking all of it. :D

Reactions: Freesia and KLS52
I do prefer it the day I open it, and I, too, put the leftover it in the fridge. If the bottle hasn't cost me too much, I sometimes will use it in cooking. This bottle was a little pricey, so I'll be drinking all of it. :D

Do you know that you can freeze it if you're going to use it for cooking ? Just make ice cubes and than when you need some they are easy to add to the food.

Reactions: Freesia
Do you know that you can freeze it if you're going to use it for cooking ? Just make ice cubes and than when you need some they are easy to add to the food.
I did not know that. Thank you. I actually have a different bottle open that I ended up not caring for, so it's just been sitting in the fridge. Freeze it, I will. :)

I don't actually have a slow-cooker, but I have been thinking about buying one.:)

I've been wanting an excuse to try some slow-cooker recipes from
61jEnuhOWDL._AC_US160_.jpg

I'm just gonna see if I can borrow Jerry's.... I only have a hand-me-down Crockpot from my folks, very old, semi-melted plastic lid, no thanks. LOL

I'm definitely going to try and make that myself.:drool:

Here they be! :) Loaded Breakfast Potatoes- Father's Day, Anyone? | Vegan Yack Attack

Yes, same here, I don't have a proper dining table anymore.:p

What's a dining table? :rofl:

I continued my cook fest today...made the Thai Curry Stew, a big pot of marinara sauce and first time ever baked beans from scratch! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we can see pics soon :) .

well , it looks a bit mushy in the photo but here it is Paella, garnished with toasted cashews and nutritional yeast . i also have green olives and avocado for the garnish but forgot to put them on.

DSCN8702_zpsuofjgjzj.jpg

It looks divine.:) Did you use a recipe or do you know how to make it off the top of your head?

Reactions: Freesia
I got this recipe from a tiny $2 vegetarian cookbook. Not sure what it is called.

It was a pretty basic recipe, just involved frying the onions, eggplant, peppers... .. then add garlic... herbs and spices,, the rice.... then after that tomatoes and stock,

also either the turmeric or saffron, which is waiting on the side dissolved in a bit of water...

Then when it is almost cooked you can add in vegetables which are more easily cooked such as canned beans, peas.. green beans, mushrooms etc so it can finish off cooking.

I can find the recipe and scan it..

Like a risotto it takes a while to cook.

Unlike risotto I think you are supposed to use a large frying pan for it (I did not do this so as a result it is more mushy).

:fp: I'm so sorry - I missed the fun! Life got complicated with the addition of two fosters Friday night, and I'm just now getting around to normalcy. I will make the blueberry scones this week - maybe this evening? - and post pictures. You all are inspiring chefs!!!

well , it looks a bit mushy in the photo but here it is Paella, garnished with toasted cashews and nutritional yeast . i also have green olives and avocado for the garnish but forgot to put them on.

DSCN8702_zpsuofjgjzj.jpg
I used to make vegetarian (and later vegan) paella back in the day before I met Jen. This one looks better than how I remember mine :)