Literature What are you currently reading?

just received the 4th book in the Cormorant Strike series ... geesh .... these books are soooo long - interesting already though

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
That one was great. There is a TV show for that book. They have made tv shows for the first 5 books and are working on another. JK said in an interview that she has outlines for ten books - and she loves these characters.

The next book, is even better and even longer.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
The next book, is even better and even longer.

arghhhh - longer........ I have taken to skimming a lot of the pages - I feel that she wants us to figure out the whodunit and I just find it too tiring to make my brain work that hard for so long - I do enjoy the characters despite some being over the top

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
arghhhh - longer........ I have taken to skimming a lot of the pages - I feel that she wants us to figure out the whodunit and I just find it too tiring to make my brain work that hard for so long - I do enjoy the characters despite some being over the top

Emma JC
I thought the point or the fun of a whodunit was figuring it out before the detective. or at least before the big reveal. I think in this book I figured it out about a page before Cormorant. But I think that is what she wanted us to do, too.

JK's books seems to get longer with each book. The last Harry Potter book was so long they had to make two movies. fortunately Srtike is just a TV show and they can just add episodes.

The Robin Strike romance gets annoying at some point. but if I remember right it is less annoying in Lethal White. But if you get tired of this book you can just watch the TV show - I thought it was really good. Or just watch it as a reward for getting thru the book.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Read another Mary Kay Andrews called "The Newcomer." It takes place in Treasure Island, FL, a beach town on the gulf near the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. In fact last year my sister and I stayed at an AirBnB in Maderia Beach which is just down the road. It is always fun to read a book taking place in a familiar area. This was another good mystery/thriller about a young woman who runs from NYC with her niece after her sister is killed. The characters are believable, the plot twisty and interesting, and of course there is romance. I really like this author's books!
I put that on hold from the library.

I thought the point or the fun of a whodunit was figuring it out before the detective. or at least before the big reveal. I think in this book I figured it out about a page before Cormorant. But I think that is what she wanted us to do, too.

JK's books seems to get longer with each book. The last Harry Potter book was so long they had to make two movies. fortunately Srtike is just a TV show and they can just add episodes.

The Robin Strike romance gets annoying at some point. but if I remember right it is less annoying in Lethal White. But if you get tired of this book you can just watch the TV show - I thought it was really good. Or just watch it as a reward for getting thru the book.

just a few pages away from being done - I read until 2am or so so might have to go back and read a few pages and then finish it today

we no longer have access to the TV show so I think I will just settle for the books

Emma JC