What are You Having For (Vegetarian) Lunch/Dinner/Snack? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a non-vegetarian diner with my folks.
They did have one vegetarian dish - a stir fry, but I had salad bar and a side of french fries instead (my stomach is still tender from yesterday).

Made a vegetable barley stew (basically it's beef barley soup from my pre vegetarian days without the beef or beef base and with less liquid).

I sauteed some onion, button mushrooms, and carrots in olive oil, then I added vegetable stock, minced garlic, and a diced potato. I simmered it for about ten minutes and then added a handful of pearl barley. I simmered this for 30 minutes until the barley was about done and added some chopped celery (I like a little crunch, so I didn't want it too cooked) and threw in some left over corn niblets I had in the frig. Last I stirred in a little flour too thicken it, and added some black pepper to taste.

I ate it over bread. It was a good very simple meal, and I'll be eating it for several days as I made about a 1/2 gallon of it.

Reactions: thefadedone
Made a large salad yesterday with iceberg lettuce, romaine, red cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, radishes, green onion, and yellow bell pepper.

Today I put some corn chips in a bowl, topped it with some of the leftover salad, some cheddar (I'm ova/lacto though I often avoid it), and then I topped that with some chickpeas I warmed up in a little bit of salsa. Made a great taco salad.

I had some tofu balls I baked today in a tomato based sauce I made a couple of months ago and froze in single servings. Plus a lettuce/carrot/cabbage/broccoli salad with a light sprinkle of lemon/oil dressing.

A 'Four seasons' pizza ; roast courgettes, aubergines, tomatoes and red pepper with mozzarella and grated cheese.
A rougette salad with vinaigrette and nooch.
Panna cotta flavoured ice cream for dessert.

I had some tofu balls I baked today in a tomato based sauce I made a couple of months ago and froze in single servings. Plus a lettuce/carrot/cabbage/broccoli salad with a light sprinkle of lemon/oil dressing.
Same thing again except this time I had a little less salad with no dressing and added an apple.

A slice of leftover vegetable and cheese pizza. A small slice of soya loaf with guacamole and carrot sticks.

Apricots for dessert.

I had what they called a "Greek Salad" at the local pizza/taco parlor. It was basically the ingredients you'd have in a Gyro (I had them leave out the meat). It was actually pretty tasty (though not vegan, as it had Feta and Tzatziki Sauce).

-They also had Gyros but they were calling them "Greek Tacos" (I don't live in a very gastronomically enlightened area) .

Last edited:
Wasn't very hungry or energetic, but I knew I should eat something, so I fried some tofu and ate it along with a side of applesauce.

I love Quorn products.

I had Gardein crispy tenders with sauteed yellow and green courgettes and an avocado salad.

Pecan butter ice cream for dessert.

Never had Quorn, don't actually know what it is - sounds like an old Marvel Comics villian.
Marvel team up! Spiderman and the Incredible Hulk vs. the Quorn!

I had a salad with mixed lettuces, spinach, cabbage, carrot, green onion, radish, brocolli, and cauliflower. I poured a touch of lemon/olive oil dressing on it. On the side I had some crimini mushrooms sauted with leeks, garlic, and a splash of burgundy, plus some leftover baked potato sliced, tossed with cajun spice, and fried in olive oil. For desert I had half a biscuit with the end of the plum jam that I made last season.
It was an easy good meal.

We had dinner at the country club last night. There was only one vegeterian option , fresh pasta with tomatoes, aubergine, mozzarella (not very tasty) a lettuce and pecan salad. NY style cheesecake with berries for dessert.

Tofurkey Italien sausage served with roast vegetables - sweet potatoes, peppers, onions and courgettes. Kale with a huge drizz of evo.

Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

We went to an Argentitian restaurant and I had vegetable and cheese empanadas.
butter pecan ice cream and a peach for dessert<

Today I was sore from working and my neck hurt (slept on it wrong) so I didn't put much effort in food.
Had left over minestrone soup (homemade) for lunch and left over mac and cheese with a few saltines for dinner (also homemade - the mac and cheese not the saltines - though I do have a recipe I've been thinking of trying)

Gardein Turk`y escalopes served with roast vegetables and kale, guacamole and a mesclun salad/vinaigrette and pumkin seeds.

Pecan ice cream for dessert.

Baby spinach, strawberry and pecan salad with vinaigrette.
Spicy Italien Tofukey sausage, medley of brown, forbidden rice with sauteed red peppers and courgettes with pumkin seeds and dried cranberries. A corn on the cob.

Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.