What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best female vocals ever in a metal/punk band!

I think Miley is vegan. Say what you will about Miley Cyrus, but I love this cover of Jolene.

Reactions: Lou
Do audiobooks count? Right now I'm listening to Post Captain by Patrick O'Brian.

:)

Reactions: Lou
@Catfriend

Well, the theme has been music all along, but it's not really written in stone. The thread simply says "what are you listening to right now". It could be your spouse calling you for dinner ;)

@Catfriend & Veganite

Probably should stick with music and add a literary thread. What book are you reading now? And we can put our AudioBooks in there, too. Otherwise, I think we run the risk of the nerds hijacking this thread.

I hadn't heard of Post Captain before so I looked it up. My first impression it was one of those Historical Fiction Adventure Romances that are so popular. I already imagined the cover showing Captain Jack on the deck of the Lively during a battle. His coat is open showing his muscled chest. His bloodied sword raised in defiance.

Then I realized that this is part of the Master and Commander series. Then i read a review that said it surpasses Master and Commander. I never read M&C - just saw the movie. it's time to rectify that.

Not that long ago I got hooked on the Temeraire Series which also takes place during the Napoleonic wars. However, in the Temeraire series, there are also dragons. Kind of like Master and Commander combined with Game of Thrones.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temeraire_(series)

"They share your fear and pain
But in your eyes they are not the same
They are just animals"

Bass guitar likely would not be what it is today without Jaco. RIP Jaco Pastorius.

This is the kinda chicken I like :)

ELO.
Wow. I think ELO was the first concert I ever saw in Califonia. In my college's gym.

Also a fan of Gillian Welch. So I'll meet your Gillian Welch and raise you an Allison Krauss.

Reactions: Veganite
Can't beat Union Station. but sticking with O'Brother Where Art, Thou.
How bout Gillian Welch, Allison Krauss AND an Emily Lou Harris?

Ok, that was great. Never heard of Darlingside.

I have been trying to find a good video of Michael Kang on violin. This is the best one I could find. String Cheese rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.