What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last weekend I saw a Beatles cover band. They Were Awful. I left at the intermission. I had actually seen the same band a few years back, and they were awful then too. (but I had forgotten them). Their main problem is that they didn't have anyone in the band who could really sing.

I might also be a bit over critical when it comes to Beatles music. For me, it's sacred music. Plus I have seen one of the best Beatles cover bands, Rain, a bunch of times. so I'm a little spoiled. Even so, I think my evaluation was fair. Everyone I spoke to said pretty much, "too bad these guys can't sing".

Which got me to thinking, how hard could it be to find someone to sing for them. Just spend 20 minutes on YouTube and you can find hundreds of good singers. And Beatle songs aren't even that hard to sing.

So I went on YouTube and searched "Beatles covers".

OHMY! It's been years and years since I've had a YouTube crush. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to my new YouTube crushes - Mona and Lisa. The MonaLisa Twins!

These girls are in their mid-twenties but they have been performing for 10 years. When they started out, their mom and dad were band members. They have a quartet now and may have moved to Liverpool. (originally from Austria.) They both have lovely voices, play guitar, drums, keyboards.

Anyway here is a video. but I encourage everyone to check out their webpage and YouTube channel.

Live performance

Studio/ Music video.

Reactions: Damo
Had to look this up. the movie he references is the 2001 release of Daddy and Them. Which I have never seen or heard of. Got pretty good reviews from critics. not much action at the Box Office. But now I want to see it.

My library doesn't have the DVD. Not on Netflix. I'll check my sister's "on demand" later on. So I'm not sure if I'll ever see it.

So I found this YouTuber when I was looking at Beatles covers. She is multi-talented. Vocals, guitar, keyboard. Don't know if she does her own video editing but extra points if she does. Even has her own originals and lots of interesting covers. I can't promote her to YouTube crush because she is just sickeningly sweet. On the other hand, it wouldn't be fair to take off points cause she is too adorable. Being so cute isn't entirely her fault. Although I suspect she works on it.

IMHO she does a good job covering this classic.

Anne Reburn covers You Got It by Ray Orbinson

I love Steely Dan. My favorite Sunday morning making and eating breakfast music.

Been spending too much time on YouTube lately. But the nice thing is that my "Recommendations" has gotten more eclectic. YouTube turned me on this YouTuber. Turns out that every Sunday morning she produces a new video. She has some originals but I really like her covers. And anyone who does Grateful Dead covers is OK in my book.

As John Candy once said in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles:
Gus:
Del Griffith! How the hell are ya?

Del:
Well, I'm still a million bucks shy of bein' a millionaire.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
If it's so hot, why wear hats and long sleeve shirts? Must be a Minnesota thing.

What a powerful voice she has. I first heard this song from the movie soundtrack for Django Unchained. It was so haunting I had to know who did it.
Singer & Writer: Elisa Toffoli
Music composed by: Ennio Morricone

English Lyrics:

Still here,
still you,
but now I know who you are,
who you will always be
and when you will see me again
you will remember

still here
still you
and I hope you will forgive me