What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NWOBHM = new wave of british heavy metal. In the late 70s and early 80s the speed and intensity of early punk started to seep into heavy metal...Iron Maiden is the only NWOBHM band that achieved any lasting fame, but the scene gave birth to hundreds of bands whose records are absolute classics despite their obscurity.

Stoner metal legends Sleep recently put out their first album in 20 years...worth the wait!

Saturn V rise - as gravity dies - through ionosphere he flies
Capsule is flown - beyond the known - admixture sustains smokesuit as home
Traverse galactic sea - inhaler of the rifftree
Initiate burn - never to return - a distant earth fades receding

Through the hashteroid fields - a transmission yields - now riff beacon signal is received
Trajectory set a new bearing - cross alien skies command module flies
Sojourns the lone stoned soul - Marijuanaut loads of a new bowl
Behold as he enters the clearing - Planet Iommia nearing

Through Iommosphere chutes deploy capsule splash down on the TH sea. To raft - row the hash oil leagues to shoreline

Love Steely Dan! So sad they lost Walter Becker. They won't be the same without his unique stylings. Check out that incredibly unique style in this song. Below I will put the Rick Beato video explaining what makes that song great, and very unique.

Happy Birthday, Jerry!
We Miss You
So today is Jerry Garcia's birthday. If he was alive he would be 76 or so. And he died about 13 years ago. (Not feeling like doing arithmetic)

Since his death, Deadheads have been finding ways to celebrate his life. Tonight is the 8th annual Grateful Dead Meet-Up at the Movies. A movie theatre has a special one showing one night only presentation of an old Dead concert. Tonight, the theatrical presentation will be the July 7, 1989, Grateful Dead concert performed at John F. Kennedy Stadium in Philadelphia. The same concert was released in 2010 as the audio/video album Crimson White & Indigo.

You can check your local theatres. You may have one near you.

I've been told to arrive early because there is going to be some kind of sneak peak. Last year they had some great old footage of the boys on vacation.

Like a steel locomotive going down the track,
He's gone, He's gone,
Nothin gonna bring him back.

:broken_heart::broken_heart::sob:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 1
This is some nice fingerpicking. The tones are beautiful, deep and rich. Close your eyes and drift away...

Reactions: Lou
Went to the Grateful Dead Meet-up. It was better than I expected. My ONLY complaint was that I was emailed and told to get there early in order to get a sneak peak. Got there early. The sneak peak was at the end. :( I did get some good seats, tho.

Anyway, BEST Scarlet Begonias ever.

^ That was great. I saw the Flecktones like ten years ago at a music festival. At the time, i had no idea who Bella was. They were just another act. They were great and I became an instant fan.

Reactions: Veganite
Love banjo, and Bella is one of the best.

Did you ever listen to Goose Creek back in the day?

Speaking of Banjos, I love this song.
The Band is from Oslo. Anne Marit is on banjo. Turid is on Piano. Solveig is in the back behind the drums and on the Mandolin (?). Marianne is on vocals and the contrabass balalaika. Rockpalast is a German music show that broadcasts live concerts. I'm not sure of the venue. For some reason, I think it might be a converted church. Or maybe it's just a theatre for TV shows - that looks like a converted church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockpalast
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katzenjammer_(band)

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I know I love me some Lana, but this is THE Lana song. For me, this song is magic living in the middle of a very complete genius theme album.

Status
Not open for further replies.