What Did You Cook or Bake today?

A white aubergine & mince bake in the slow cooker. I'll serve it with a tossed green salad for tonight's dinner as I have a guest coming over.
I'm also going to make some stuffed red pepper & round yellow courgettes in the air fryer for tomorrow's lunch as I have yet more guests.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I have made two more batches of pesto and I plan to make hummus, seitan and banana-peanut butter ice cream.
ETA: I have made more zucchini cakes, two batches. I will be having one for dinner with corn on the cob and a salad.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val and shyvas
I also made a huge batch of chickpea puree for tonight and tomorrow. I'm going to make a few salads to go with the stuffed vegetables plus some chocolate pots.

The chocolate pots are gorgeous. I will sprinkle some Cornish sea salt over them just before serving. :D

Reactions: PTree15
I made eggplant Parm and potato salad. I didn’t really make the baked beans as I simply opened a can and added some brown sugar lol.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Stuffed roast veg.jpg

Rosemary Foccacia Lunch Fred & Gigi.jpg

Yesterday's lunch served with a mixed grain & vegetable salad plus lots of nibbles and extra Maldon sea salt and evo for the rosemary focaccia.
I have hardly any leftovers as they nearly ate everything plus went home with doggy bags.

Leftovers ; white aubergine & mince bake made in the slow cooker, a huge slice of rosemary focaccia.
Juicy apricots.
A glass of chardonnay with marinated green olives.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Made some tacos with Deliciou chicken. The texture was nice, smelled great in the package. I think they could have done more to season it, the chicken tasted a little bland compared to other brands like Gardein. I thought it was interesting because you can shape it into anything. It was a surprise from mom.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Made some tacos with Deliciou chicken. The texture was nice, smelled great in the package. I think they could have done more to season it, the chicken tasted a little bland compared to other brands like Gardein. I thought it was interesting because you can shape it into anything. It was a surprise from mom.
Wow never heard of that. Sounds nice.

Wow never heard of that. Sounds nice.

I googled it up as I also have never heard of the product and it's Australian. The brand was created by a Norwegian who dropped out of Uni. :)

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I had tacos with Trader Joes soy chorizo, tomatoes, and my fermented cashew paste "sour creme".
I was afraid to culture it too long, so only let it go about 17 hours. I liked it a lot, it definitley had a dairy kind of quality, and really thick.Probablhy would have gotten much firmer if I let it culture longer. My son tasted it and immediately said "it's sour cream" Yep, I think that is it.

made another crock pot of beans overnight - used a package of "small white beans" - plan to make some of my own refried beans as the grocery store has been sold out of them for over a month now - will use the immersion blender

will likely make some bean soup also, for tonight's dinner

Emma JC

made another crock pot of beans overnight - used a package of "small white beans" - plan to make some of my own refried beans as the grocery store has been sold out of them for over a month now - will use the immersion blender

will likely make some bean soup also, for tonight's dinner

Emma JC
Beans of any kind is my beloved food (along with kapusta). IMO, red kidney beans are the best though.💖

Reactions: Emma JC
last night, while my bean soup was cooking, I decided to make my mom's recipe of raisin loaf... it is very dense and the only non-vegan item in it is milk which was easily substituted - I also halved the raisins and added the equivalent in cranberries - it makes a huge loaf so I had 3 thin pieces last night for dessert while it was still warm and now have it in the fridge and will reheat in the micro when we eat it

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and PTree15