What did you Cook or Bake Today?

It's really good but it needed more flour. I didn't use a recipe. I just winged it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ But I like it and will definitely do it again.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
That looks good! I have some oatmeal pulp from making oat milk and was thinking of pancake
How'd this come out?

I made Italian seitan sausages, and an enchilada casserole.
Nothing sweet.... :worried:

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Cucumber salad. It is a southern US thing. Vinegar, water, sugar and spices boiled then put the cucumber in and let in the fridge. So tangy and yummy.
Not southern but I grew up with cucumber salad like that--with onion.

I'm making my date, nut, grain.....bars

I have Girl meets Farm on Foodnetwork on, she;s making a dip of amonds, garlic, lemon, spices and potatoes in a food processor that sounds wonderful

yesterday i made red lentils and cashews blended with french onion dip mix. I love that as a spread and dip

Cucumber salad. It is a southern US thing. Vinegar, water, sugar and spices boiled then put the cucumber in and let in the fridge. So tangy and yummy.
My mom always made a version of that when we were kids. (She was from New Jersey). I don't think she boiled anything, though. She just made the vinegar mix, sliced up the cucumbers and then let them sit all day. I haven't made that in ages. Might just have to.

I have just prepared a batch of cold brew. It has to brew for 18 hours, so I'll be getting up early tomorrow to test it out. I might make some hummus later.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
My grandmother made pickled beets, I haven't had any like that since. I know she sliced them when hot and poured the hot vinegar, with some sugar, and jarred

I made more date candy, with dates, peanut butter, walnuts and oat bran. Top was just the dates with pb and peanuts pressed in. I meant to add cocoa to the base but forgot

My mom always made a version of that when we were kids. (She was from New Jersey). I don't think she boiled anything, though. She just made the vinegar mix, sliced up the cucumbers and then let them sit all day. I haven't made that in ages. Might just have to.

I have just prepared a batch of cold brew. It has to brew for 18 hours, so I'll be getting up early tomorrow to test it out. I might make some hummus later.
(bold emphasis mine) With the hot weather we've been having, I haven't felt much like cooking, but I still like to eat. Over the weekend, I tried soaking about a half-cup of elbow macaroni in water for about an hour and 15 minutes. It came out sort of "al dente", but wasn't bad at all- much better than if it had been overcooked.