What did you Cook or Bake Today?

I made three apple pie fillings and a batch of apple crisp with apples from an orchard in Rhode Island. I wanted drops for applesauce, but they were out. I hope to get some, though, unless I can get a really good deal on local apples from the grocery store.
"Drops" for applesauce? 🤔 :shrug:
My son made an apple pie last weekend and purposefully got the frozen shells from Aldi because they're vegan--he prefers the roll out, but those have lard. It was soooo good! Honestly, I'd have preferred just having the filling, he made it thick with cider and cornstarch and just the right amount of spice.
I wonder if it's too late around here to pick?
Aldi gets really good apples here, better than most

Reactions: PTree15
"Drops" for applesauce? 🤔 :shrug:
My son made an apple pie last weekend and purposefully got the frozen shells from Aldi because they're vegan--he prefers the roll out, but those have lard. It was soooo good! Honestly, I'd have preferred just having the filling, he made it thick with cider and cornstarch and just the right amount of spice.
I wonder if it's too late around here to pick?
Aldi gets really good apples here, better than most
Heh, yeah, that's what the orchards around here call apples that fell from the trees. They usually sell them at a discounted price, so I like getting those for making applesauce.

She's still going strong, and now her sister is following suit (the one on the right), albeit, two days behind.

So apparently it's a thing to name your sourdough starters. 🤔

I'm thinking Breadie White and Clint Yeastwood. 😁

Many call their starters Doughlene lol.

Oh, and I read that if your starter isn't doing well to add a little bit of rye flour so that's what I did to the one on the right since it wasn't doing anything. Maybe that did the trick! I'm thinking I will bake my first loaf tomorrow or Saturday.