What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up having a massive salad last night with some chickpeas for a protein boost. Tonight I am making those burritos I wanted yesterday. I bought all the ingredients yesterday, but just didn't feel like doing it. So tonight gourmet vegan burritos :p Yum!

Spaghetti with some of that seitan I picked up.

Veggie mince with calorie clever angel hair noodles and snow peas.

OMG, the burritos were amazing. I used black beans with black rice, as well as some mushrooms. I grilled mine on the BBQ to get a bit of nice charring on them, then finished them in the oven.

It was a lot of work just for burritos, but well worth the effort.

Tonight I'm doing a veggie stir-fry. I love fresh garlic and ginger! Yum!

Making stuffed cabbage with lentils and rice.

OMG, the burritos were amazing. I used black beans with black rice, as well as some mushrooms. I grilled mine on the BBQ to get a bit of nice charring on them, then finished them in the oven.

That sounds AMAZING. In the summer, I used to make quasadilas on the grill (when I ate cheese). I have also done a veggie mix with black beans and cheese on the grill, which was great. I hadn't really thought about doing a rice and bean version on the grill, but it sounds so good that I will need to try it!

More hash brown sandwiches with tomato, spinach and carrot and sauce+ Vegemite on toast

Sauce: tahini with mustard powder, apple cider vinegar, salt, ketchup

It's too early to post what I had for dinner, but I will post what I'm having for dinner :)

I'm going to make my own Buddha bowl. I have everything I need. I just need to make some rice, and create something warm with some beans. It's a bit of work prepping for a Buddha bowl, but I'll get several delicious meals from this.

Jasmine rice, cabbage, greens, onion and tofu cubes with stir fry sauce.

Corn chowder from sprouted corn with variety of spices and salt.

My dear friend is celebrating going vegan for one year today. I am going to make her a vegan pizza from scratch tomorrow evening. I finally found some Miyoko's mozza, although not cheap. The pizza toppings will be kinda classic margherita style with fresh basil, tomatoes, and with my own little twist, with Kalamata olives and sliced red onions as well.

I'm quite used to using some other non-dairy vegan cheeses, like Daiya, etc, but they always have that distinctive taste. I have learned to live with it. The fact is I don't have pizza very often, even though I love pizza. I used to jokingly say that if I was ever on death row, I'd have pizza for my last request. lol. However, since going vegan, myself, cheese on pizza has really been the only thing I truly missed. So from what I've read and heard on YT, Miyoko's mozza is supposed to be the best. I am so looking forward to trying it.

If anyone needs a dough recipe for pizza, PM me. I have a wonderful recipe that's simple and easy to do. It still requires kneading, but you don't really need to be an expert in the field of baking. There are tons of alternative dough recipes online, with everything ranging from chickpea flour to potato. I want a traditional pizza this time, but experimenting with crusts and recipes is cool too. I've been wanting to try a potato crust for some time now...but not this weekend ;)

I have heard good things about Miyoko's cheese.Will you let us know how it is?

Stir fry again. Went grocery shopping but had to use up the cabbage and I bought a big container of greens that were on clearance so I'm using it all up.

Making pizza tonight. I am stoked to try Miyokos cheese. I really should try to learn making vegan cheeses. The ones I've tried so far are not that good, in my humble opinion. I need to step up the process, much like real cheese, with a fermentation process.

@hopeful

I am hopeful I will have a very positive review for you, hopeful. I will let you know tomorrow ;)

Reactions: hopeful
I will be interested to hear your thoughts on Miyokos also. We have been using Earth Island the last little bit and we like it a lot better then Daiya. Have tried both the sliced (mozz), the slab(mozz) and the shredded (cheddar) and like them all.

Very sweet of you to celebrate with your friend!

Tonight is a popcorn night as we had a huge brunch.

Emma JC

Yesterday I had pho noodle soup and today I’m having beans, spinach, celery, carrot and cucumber.

Tacos yesterday with mexican corn. Today hubby wants me to make a vegan version of hamburger helper. I melted down some follow your heart block cheddar that I had gotten on clearance and it smelled just like it so hubby said to make it tonight. Going to make it with spiral noodles, tomatoes, gardein beefless ground and probably some go veggie parmesan.

I had a shake late afternoon that I didn't expect to fill me up for as long as it did so I just had some popcorn with a little oil, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast flakes and salt in the evening.

Shake was sprouted corn, bananas with peel, blueberries, dates and water.

Last night I had a heap of pasta with a yummy tomato sauce loaded with veggies.

Just a follow up on Miyoko's mozza on pizza. It was probably the best tasting vegan cheese for pizza I've tried so far. It was, however, a lot softer than I expected. It was more of a cream cheese texture. It did taste really good right out of the package. I woud definitely recommend it, aside from the price being a bit muchy. I am seriously going to consider making my own fermented cheeses for these special occasions. Pizza for me is definitely a special occasion :p

Status
Not open for further replies.