Whatcha eating WFPB?

Tofu scramble with spinach, olives, onions (it also had a PB, but not WF, vegan sausage patty).
Orange
Oatmeal energy bite
Homemade seitan roast with carrots, onions, celery and a baked potato

Tofu scramble with, spinach, onions, olives and homemade seitan chunks
Oatmeal energy bite
Banana, orange
Roasted butternut squash soup

• Friendly
Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC
Banana, oatmeal and peanut butter smoothie made with almond milk
Oatmeal energy bite
Apple
Spinach salad with homemade seitan chunks
Roasted butternut squash soup

• Friendly
Millet pasta mixed with a home-made tomato-based sauce. For the sauce, I used a local tomato paste (with almost no additives) and low-salt diced tomatoes, and added a small bag of frozen green peas, carrots & green beans; plus chickpeas, mushrooms, a teaspoon of miso, and some condiments (pepper and za'atar). Topped up the pasta with mustard and nutritional yeast. Delicious and very filling.

For dessert: a grapefruit, and a couple of servings of a 'dried fruits & nuts mix' (with dates, pistachios, dried berries and tahini). Delicious too.

For my dinner a couple of days ago, I had buckwheat with beans; and for dessert, banana mixed with nuts and dried fruits

Yesterday, for lunch, I had buckwheat with fava beans; plus a mandarin; for dinner yesterday I had a couple of cups of old-fashioned oats* mixed with chickpeas, leafy greens, balsamic vinegar, chilly flakes, sumac and nutritional yeast*; for dessert: dried apricots

*An improvised experiment in food preparation for me (using ingredients at hand): an 'innovative', savory, way of having oats - done in a few minutes; they turned out better than expected.

Last edited:
An omelette made with homemade Just Egg, spinach, vegan cheese, onions and hot sauce. I still had some leftover batter, and I wasn't sure how long it would last in the fridge, so I made three small patties that will work well for vegan sausage McMuffins. I put them in the freezer, so we'll see how that works out when I have them. They didn't fluff up very much, so the next time I make this, I'll try some baking powder and whipped aquafaba.

Yesterday I had quinoa (cooked with sundried tomatoes, green peas and corn), alongside 'water-fried' green vegetables (including some kale) and chickpeas - photo below. For the next serving of this dish I poured a mix of mustard + apple cider vinegar dressing. Nice

I also made a creamy version of my 'banana mix' dessert (photo at the bottom of this posting). I mashed two small-to-medium sized bananas in a bowl, using a fork, and added dried fruits (mostly dried berries and raisins), nuts, dates, cinnamon, coconut flakes, some tahini* and oat milk - and mixed it all very well. It was delicious - and it took about three minutes or so to prepare this delicious, healthy and easy-to-make dessert.

(*Tahini is optional - as I just happen to like it very much, and it does give dishes a distinctive flavor that perhaps not everyone is used to)

Alongside the creamy banana mix, I had a nice persimmon.

(The backdrop of my dinner: I was fasting almost the entire day - dinner was my main dish of the day, hence the hearty meal).

1705808377843.jpeg
1705808444668.jpeg

An omelette made with homemade Just Egg, spinach, vegan cheese, onions and hot sauce. I still had some leftover batter, and I wasn't sure how long it would last in the fridge, so I made three small patties that will work well for vegan sausage McMuffins. I put them in the freezer, so we'll see how that works out when I have them. They didn't fluff up very much, so the next time I make this, I'll try some baking powder and whipped aquafaba.
That sounds really tasty, as well as nutritious.

It was really good, despite the odd texture of the homemade Just Egg. I will tweak the recipe to get it less chewy and dense. But I did enjoy it. The French toast made with the mixture was even better. :)

I tried to buy some of those split mung beans yesterday and the store no longer carries them... I will keep looking as I really would like to try it and there are no Just Egg (liquid) to be found anywhere here either. Walmart used to carry them all the time and there are none anymore.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I tried to buy some of those split mung beans yesterday and the store no longer carries them... I will keep looking as I really would like to try it and there are no Just Egg (liquid) to be found anywhere here either. Walmart used to carry them all the time and there are none anymore.

Emma JC
I ordered the bag I have now from Amazon. I need to check whether I can find them locally, though, as I'd much prefer a local source.

Today's WFPB food includes a banana, natural peanut butter, refried beans, avocado, a greens mix, soy curls stew and some crispy tofu.

Reactions: Emma JC
I ordered the bag I have now from Amazon. I need to check whether I can find them locally, though, as I'd much prefer a local source.

Today's WFPB food includes a banana, natural peanut butter, refried beans, avocado, a greens mix, soy curls stew and some crispy tofu.

I can see that another location my grocery store does have them so I will go there the next time I go out hunting. :D

Emma JC

Reactions: Mazen and PTree15
Orange, grapes and an oatmeal energy bite
Salad with kale, spinach, avocado and assorted veggies
Baked tofu with roasted veggies (carrots, Brussels, cauliflower)

Reactions: Mazen
I had a banana this morning and then a vegetable and tofu stir fry. I did freeze some grapes yesterday as I read they taste like sweets. I will have a few in a minute.