Whatcha up to?

Up at 2:46 am again. Whoopie. So I’m on my phone and watching hallmark Christmas movies. I hope I can get my sleep schedule regulated soon. So much for being excited about turning our clocks back and getting the extra morning light so I could resume my walks before work. I’m too tired to do that by the time 6:30 am. rolls around.

Last edited:
I’m in the process of trying to sell my house and dreading every minute of it. I’ve spent the better part of the last two days on the phone, texting and emailing, trying to get as much information so that I can follow the whole process with some amount of dignity lol. I’m so inexperienced and my agent appears to be the type who wants to cut corners and not follow protocol. So I will contact a lawyer today (against the agents suggestion to wait). He wants to have the inspection done before we sign contracts and I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that. It’s not unheard of. I just prefer to do things by the book.

I am a former realtor and I suggest that you find a realtor that you are comfortable with. If you have already signed a listing agreement with this agent, with which you are not comfortable, then speak to their broker and see if you can transfer to another agent within their agency. If you haven't signed a listing agreement already then search for another agent with whom you feel comfortable. Lawyers are usually good sources of information.

Inspections here, can be done in advance, however, most make it a condition of an offer so that the buyer pays for the inspection, not the seller. That way the buyer knows the inspector is working in their best interest. Cutting corners can hurt everyone involved.

Emma JC

I am a former realtor and I suggest that you find a realtor that you are comfortable with. If you have already signed a listing agreement with this agent, with which you are not comfortable, then speak to their broker and see if you can transfer to another agent within their agency. If you haven't signed a listing agreement already then search for another agent with whom you feel comfortable. Lawyers are usually good sources of information.

Inspections here, can be done in advance, however, most make it a condition of an offer so that the buyer pays for the inspection, not the seller. That way the buyer knows the inspector is working in their best interest. Cutting corners can hurt everyone involved.

Emma JC
Thank you, Emma. I spoke with an attorney. I chose my own and decided not to use the one my agent suggested. The attorney confirmed that the way it’s done here is to not sign contracts first. She pretty much confirmed everything my agent had told me but I still have reservations about him so I will make sure my attorney is notified every step of the way.

My listing actually expires Thursday so if this falls through I will be done with him. I hate the thought of trying to find another realtor. Apparently I’m not very good at it! But maybe this will work out in my favor. Fingers crossed!

Thank you, Emma. I spoke with an attorney. I chose my own and decided not to use the one my agent suggested. The attorney confirmed that the way it’s done here is to not sign contracts first. She pretty much confirmed everything my agent had told me but I still have reservations about him so I will make sure my attorney is notified every step of the way.

My listing actually expires Thursday so if this falls through I will be done with him. I hate the thought of trying to find another realtor. Apparently I’m not very good at it! But maybe this will work out in my favor. Fingers crossed!

So when you are choosing a realtor, I would suggest that you interview at least 3 and choose the one with whom you feel comfortable but also the one that tells you the truth and not just what you would like to hear. Telling you a higher value is possible, just to get the listing, is not the best indicator of a good realtor. You want one that will get you the most money, in the least amount of time with the least amount of hassle.

good luck, Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52
Today, in addition to making some beer and doing some light reading, I also did some planting. Both involved minor tilling and mulching. I planted cat mint and lentils. I didn't look up the time of year to plant lentils so that may not work out, lol. I just got sick of looking at a bare patch of ground and being indecisive about what to put there I sort of acted on impulse.

I need to do some cleaning today, and i might try a new recipe or two. I havent had toty in ages, so id like to try a recipe with that. I have a double block of firm for stirfry and such and a block of soft for spicy mayo.
Right now though i am just relaxing. Ite almost 8, and with the intermittent fasting i wont eat for several more hours, so i have a coffee.

Reactions: KLS52
So when you are choosing a realtor, I would suggest that you interview at least 3 and choose the one with whom you feel comfortable but also the one that tells you the truth and not just what you would like to hear. Telling you a higher value is possible, just to get the listing, is not the best indicator of a good realtor. You want one that will get you the most money, in the least amount of time with the least amount of hassle.

good luck, Emma JC
Thank you for the input. I did interview three. Two came in at the higher amount and one was super low...almost 100,000 less than the other two. She boasted selling 52 houses last year. A little research showed that she definitely underprices so sure, the houses are going to sell fast. My mistake was letting him list it over 300,000. We should have started out at 299,000. I feel like we missed a lot of the early traffic when it was first listed. And his photos were horrible, too. We are in much better shape now for re-listing in February/March.

I did quite a bit of research myself. My house is definitely priced comparably, now, based on recent sales of two bedroom one bath houses. It’s just a question of waiting for the right buyer to come along. Luckily we have some time yet so no need to rush it.

Reactions: Qwaychou
That first offer was retracted.
But I just got a second offer...now we are negotiating price.

I don’t like this game. I’m not cut out for it, lol.

Reactions: Qwaychou
That first offer was retracted.
But I just got a second offer...now we are negotiating price.

I don’t like this game. I’m not cut out for it, lol.
It can be so stressful.
I am watching football and looking over text for a possible freelance editing job. Fingers crossed that I get it.

Reactions: Qwaychou and KLS52
I just cleaned my kitchen ( the hubs did some baking, he never cleans up) and i got some beans soaking to make some crockpot baked beans.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!

How did it go?

Emma JC
Just heard from my agent. They agreed to our price. So here we go again. Wait for them to do an inspection and see where that takes us.

Every once in a while, i wake up at 3 am and cant get back to sleep. I usually work on artwork, and i totally should be doing that now, but i got ny first vegan cookbook in the mail yesterday! So, i am listening to xmas music and looking at Thug Kitchen!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52