When you wake up in the middle of the night...

When you wake up in the middle of the night, what do you do?

• Get out of bed and go to the bathroom

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Immediately try to go back to sleep

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Go to the kitchen for a snack

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Check on the sleeping status of housemates and/or pets

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Check to make sure everything inside and outside your home is okay and secure

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Watch TV

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Go on the internet

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Play a video game

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Listen to music or talk radio

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Read a book, magazine or newspaper

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Wake up a housemate to talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call or text someone and annoy them by waking them up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I go to the bathroom usually as I drink so much during the day.:p Then I usually go downstairs and get a glass of water and give my cats some food if they have empty bowls and then the dog wakes up and needs to go out to the garden.:rolleyes:

I used to get up totally and go on the internet or watch TV but now I get back into bed and try to go back to sleep.

Either bathroom, or go back to sleep. I get little sleep and wake up at 5am for work most mornings. No time for all this other stuff!

Go right back to sleep unless I have to go to the bathroom, which is the main reason I wake up in the middle of the night. :D

I never get up and do stuff other than going to the bathroom. I try to go back to sleep without getting up if possible!

I usually try and get back to sleep. However, if I'm awake for over 1/2 hour, I get up and have a cup of coffee and watch the news.

Check the time and calculate how much sleep I have the potential to get if I can fall back asleep.
It's 2:22 am...been awake a little over an hour. If I fall back to sleep now, I'll be happy if I sleep until 5 am. :)

Check the clock every few minutes and get stressed at how my sleeping time is shrinking.

It's 2:22 am...been awake a little over an hour. If I fall back to sleep now, I'll be happy if I sleep until 5 am. :)
Well, 5 am isn't happening. I did fall back to sleep but I am wide awake at 4:22. I can't 'get up' because 1. the cats will think it's time for breakfast; 2. I don't want Bratt to start crying from his crate, thinking its morning and that everyone is up.

Well, 5 am isn't happening. I did fall back to sleep but I am wide awake at 4:22. I can't 'get up' because 1. the cats will think it's time for breakfast; 2. I don't want Bratt to start crying from his crate, thinking its morning and that everyone is up.

Ah, poor you. Shyva usually carries on sleeping for at least an hour or two after I get up.

It's going to be a long day for me as I've been up for the last 7 hours !:rolleyes::D

I have severe chronic insomnia, so I'm up every hour or two all night long. When I'm up, I stare at the closet, take random pictures of the dogs sleeping, video my boyfriend snoring, raid the fridge, and jump on Tapatalk. Sometimes I think my nights are more interesting than my days! Lol

"Girls Just Want To Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper seems to keep coming to mind when I see this thread,

I kept getting that Billy Joel song in my head after seeing this thread, :DI thought it was called In the middle of the night but it was called The River of Dreams.

Reactions: KLS52