Who is the most important person in your life right now?

I would also have to say myself. I am the only person who can sort myself out right now, and if I am not okay then I will be no good to anyone else. Anyway, I am separated by distance from the most important people in my life, so if they were to disappear I would be devastated but I would still be okay.

My cat has also been hugely helpful, mostly for comic relief :D. I tell her all the time that I don't know what I would do without her.

Reactions: Freesia and mary1
Though it may sound selfish, right now I have to be the most important person to myself. I am embarking on a journey of change right now after devoting my entire life to others. That said, I am a very nurturing person and my family still is most important to me. Without the support of my sister, I would not be able to endure what life has thrown at me lately.
I hope whatever your plans are they work out for you.

I too would be lost without the cats.

All all the husbands, fiances and SO in the thread. Usually I'm fine but sometimes I'm reminded that I'm on my own.

Who is the most important person in your life right now? It can be a family member, a relative, a friend, or somebody else. If this person were to suddenly not be around any more (for whatever reason), you'd be utterly and completely lost.

Determine who that person is, and let them know in no uncertain terms how much they mean to you. Give them a hug and kiss. Give them a gift. Treat them to dinner, either homemade or restaurant-bought. Spend one whole day with that person and only that person. Get a really nice blank greeting card and write in it an essay or poem telling them what they mean to you. Teach them something, a craft or some knowledge, that you know and you want them to know.

Don't wait until "it's too late". Do it now.

It's me, definitely ME!

Not entirely narcissistic that ...

I just kinda assume that as I would want anyone whom I love unconditionaly to love themselves that much that they would want the same for me.

Though it may sound selfish, right now I have to be the most important person to myself. I am embarking on a journey of change right now after devoting my entire life to others. .

I too am contemplating a journey of change.

The realisation of how much of myself I have lost or compromised by devoting myself to the care and happiness of others has hit me between the eyes today, so I have not even began to mentally 'pack' my cases for the journey!!

It is not my nature to put myself first but the recognition that I need to do so is making me dizzy today,

It is an alien thought to me, an uncomfortable one .. I too feel selfish but actually it is just self preservation.

Last edited:
I too am contemplating a journey of change.

The realisation of how much of myself I have lost or compromised by devoting myself to the care and happiness of others has hit me between the eyes today, so I have not even began to mentally 'pack' my cases for the journey!!

It is not my nature to put myself first but the recognition that I need to do so is making me dizzy today, I can think of nothing else.

It is an alien thought to me, an uncomfortable one, making me feel sick. I too feel selfish but actually it is just self preservation.
You have to do the best thing for you and your future. Throw the notion of selfishness out the window and breathe.

Did I ever quote you Ghandi's "the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others"?

Subplot there being that if we don't genuinely look after ourselves first'n'foremost then we swiftly become of no genuine use to anyone at all, mind.

First part of genuinely looking after oneself, imho, being this; Never lie to yourself that you are being gentle when you are actualy being weak and never forget that to be truly gentle you must first be truly strong.

Second thing being never run away from difficulties, that is weakness; Just work on being strong and, soon enough, you'll find that difficulties run away from you.

Strong people have nothing to lose, btw; Anyone who runs from them can only fall into one of three categories:

1. Self fixers (you'll know them when they return to say "thanks for all you've done ..")

2. 'Prodigal Sons' who return to the source of strength they need once they learn they are not yet ready to hack it alone.

3. Those who simply want to drown and take someone else down with them. (They'll find some other weak knee'd mug who's life to attach to, and ruin, in the end.)

No fear of bridge jumpers either. That only happens to people who have no source of strength to draw upon at all.

Last edited:
I have to breathe too??? :eek: I am so busy working on thinking I forgot that part!
And finaly ...

Emotion and clear thinking are mutualy exclusive conditions

YOU CAN'T BOTH THINK AND FEEL AT THE SAME FERKIN' TIME!!!!!

Anyways, DVD, nice bottle of wine and a home cooked dinner tommorow ...

Got the house to ourselves tommorow too!

Might even chuck in a little 'TLC' :smitten: as I know you've had a rough time :hug:

I love all this talk about loving oneself and so on and so forth, but the most important person in my life right now is still my sister. :)