Why Is Starbucks So Popular? Other Coffee Shops?

My coffee has been amazing since using the pour over. I got it down to a science. Every cup has been delicious!

Reactions: PTree15
They are building a Twice Daily store near the Kroger where I live. I assume that Twice Daily is a coffee-shop comparable to Starbucks. Has anyone been in one of their stores? How is their coffee? Their food?

Ironically, they are building this store just diagonally opposite where there is an existing Starbucks store. I just find this close proximity rather strange.

They are building a Twice Daily store near the Kroger where I live. I assume that Twice Daily is a coffee-shop comparable to Starbucks. Has anyone been in one of their stores? How is their coffee? Their food?

Ironically, they are building this store just diagonally opposite where there is an existing Starbucks store. I just find this close proximity rather strange.

I don't think that they are quite the same type of shops.

We have a Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks across the street from each other. Both are pretty busy. I do think the DD does more business as they are more reasonably priced and they have good coffee.

Q: Why is Starbucks so popular?

A: Because you can hang out there without having to immediately buy something...

... if you're white, that is.

Q: Why is Starbucks so popular?

A: Because you can hang out there without having to immediately buy something...

... if you're white, that is.
That was just awful what happened at that one in Philly. There are plenty of times that I've gone inside a Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts to wait for a friend before buying my drink so that we can drink them together. Institutional racism is so insidious. :(

Reactions: Andy_T
Well, Starbucks seems to be popular down here (NZ) but I don't like their coffee. We have heaps of privately owned coffee shops that sell distinct brands of coffee and they bring their own creativity to the presentation of food. One has an egg free, gluten free fruit slice which is rather nice.

Reactions: Andy_T
I think it unlikely that most Spaniards would pay £2.40 for a Starbucks coffee when they can get a Spanish coffee for about £1. In Spain it has always been the case that you can linger over your coffee for as long as you want and Spanish coffee is tastier and more varied than SB. There are so many varieties. Mine is a cortado, similar to an espresso macchiato in Italy. Coffee is mostly consumed in bars in Spain, where alcoholic drinks are also available as well as anything from a tapa or 2 to a full meal. The whole culture about eating and drinking is quite different in Spain. Vive la difference!

'' Too sweet, too expensive '' for Australians. Ditto for the latter.
I agree that it's too sweet. When I do go there (and it's rare these days), I ask for half the syrup that they put it in. I want to taste the coffee. :D