Year of the vegan?

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Well, we still don't know if the Pope is going vegan for Lent. But I think just the publicity vegans got for challenging him was a Win.

Now PETA has challenged my favorite Congresswoman, AOC, to make the Green New Deal, a VEGAN Green New Deal. I think this is a great idea.

From the article
She also addressed animal farming and suggested Americans eat fewer burgers. She said on Showtime, "And so it’s not to say you get rid of agriculture, it’s not to say we’re gonna force everybody to go vegan or anything crazy like that. But it’s to say, ‘Listen, we gotta address factory farming. Maybe we shouldn’t be eating a hamburger for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Like, let’s keep it real.”​

Reactions: mavrick45
Reactions: TofuRobot
Good for us!
I found that a lot of the things said in the article echo the things we have said right here.
Nice validation of our thoughts and perspectives.

Funny, tho. The headline really didn't reflect the content of the article. But it gave me the idea of a new thread challenge.
I wish i could say it was commonplace where I work. ... We have been working overtime the past couple of weeks, so they been feeding everyone. I typically just avoid all the food, but the person who puts it together is super sweet and always concerned about me... I finally told her i don't eat any animal products, and 99% no oil... She was happy to know, BUT, this guy I work with seriously fired all the standard questions at me - What's left to eat then? But protein though? Is it for health or ethical reasons? ... He stopped at that last one when I said "all of the above."

God forbid we take a stand on something ethical. People don't know what to do with that because it flies in the face of their own decisions.

It seems so obvious to me what the intelligent choice is, that I'm frankly astounded that people are still this much in the dark and think that are the weird ones. But i think I'm the only vegan out of the entire office (of over 250 ppl).