You Make Me Feel Like Dancing!

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Do you like to go dancing? Do you like to watch other people dance? Do you have a favorite dancing style? Do you like to watch any of the dance competition shows on television and even vote for your favorite contestants? I've never watched Dancing with the Stars, but I'm a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance, and I'm pleased that it will be returning next year for its 12th season.

Dancing is good exercise and burns a lot of calories. It's great for weight management. Is this something you like to do for that reason or something you'd consider doing for that reason?

Are you self-conscious about dancing? I definitely am, but on the rare occasion I find myself dancing, I'm usually dancing by myself, and I feel like everyone is watching and judging me. If you dance at all, do you usually have a partner?

Reactions: Tom L.
I love to dance! I danced ballet when I was young, and have always danced to rock, funk, and reggae. I'm not self-conscious, I don't care at all, and no one else cares about my dancing, I am sure. My husband can't dance due to his issues post brain injury, but loves when I do. I dance in the kitchen while cooking sometimes.

When my kids were young teens, I didnt' dance in front of their friends for fear of embarrassing them, but now they are grown and like when I dance. :)

The last time I danced was yesterday at a professional football game, some in my seat and some while in the line for the ladies room. They played some very danceable music, I must say. :)

I hope to be a dancing octogenarian some day! :)

Edit: I don't watch the dancing shows. I don't like to see people voted off. Though I do watch the cooking show where they vote chefs off, so I am not very consistent. :)

I used to square dance (modern western style) and have done a little round dancing. I did a little contra dancing once or twice but didn't like it... there was one woman in the line who liked to lean back and out when she swung and I was afraid I was going to drop her. Too nerve-wracking.

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
I love to dance! Mostly free style to whatever the current popular music is. Line dancing is super fun whether it's the outdated Electric Slide or some country dance like Boot Scootin Boogie.

I don't have the occasion to go out and dance much anymore but sometimes I get to dance when I see the grand children and, like ledboots, I dance around the house.

I am also one of those annoying people who sings...constantly...all day long...every day.

Reactions: Tom L. and Amy SF
I LOVE to dance. I spent my childhood surrounded by dancing from the age of three when my mum and dad took part in Jive competitions and danced around the lounge with me ! All our family parties were punctuated by dancing and singing.

I have continued to be passionate about dancing all my life and was the first on the floor in our local nightspots right up until the age of 50 where I thought it was about time to hang up my very uncomfortable heels!

I have since tried Zumba as a way of dancing without embarrassing my kids! I dance around the hoover, as I wash up and my speciality is sofa dancing. Dancing is in my soul! :woo:

For some reason...despite being a larger lady I have no inhibitions about 'shaking my stuff' I seem to forget who I am when I dance the music just takes over, even if later I feel slightly sheepish about it . :leer:

For me it is 'disco' dancing or rock and roll . Prefer dancing to drum and bass to anything.

I tried line dancing but hated it. Tried tap and loved it but it was only a taster. Not really built for ballet.

PS...EARLY WARNING you may wish to avoid the Big Festival in August where I am guaranteed to be 'shaking my booty' . You will know its me I am the big , noisy one at the front dragging behind her a red faced daughter covering her eyes and trying to escape.

Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52