Nutrition & Diet 30 bananas a day

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
There was a person talking at a local vegetarian expo. Basically they eat nothing but bananas. 30 per day. They said how good they feel. Do you think this is a healthy diet?

Was this person a speaker at the expo? Where they promoting only eating bananas?
No wonder people think vegetarianism is extreme and that we're all crazy.:fp:

I've heard people refer to the 30 bananas a day diet, but I didn't realize that was all they ate. :eek:
I don't know how anyone could get down that many bananas for one day, let alone every day.

Was this person a speaker at the expo? Where they promoting only eating bananas?
No wonder people think vegetarianism is extreme and that we're all crazy.:fp:

They were a speaker, but they basically gave their story. I don't recall them recommending any specific diet.

I think 30 Bananas a day is about the fruitarian diet. 80-10-10. Not just bananas.

Example is this marathon runner who has been a fruitarian since 2008.

"Can you give us a sample of your daily diet and lifestyle routine?
My day is based around my daily workouts. Upon waking, I usually drink about a liter of water. Then I might juice 10 oranges or have a few strawberry papaya or similar high water content fruit. I almost always eat one fruit in a meal by itself.

I start my workout which is normally my daily 15 mile run to work in Manhattan. After my run, I usually eat one or two types of fresh, ripe, in-season fruit for the rest of the day, until dinner time. Common ones might include; melons, persimmons, mangos, fresh figs, grapes, citrus, stone fruits, berries and beyond; there is an endless variety from week to week.

For dinner I’ll have a massive salad of romaine lettuce with larger varieties of tomatoes, carrots, celery, cucumbers multicolor bell peppers, red onion and whatever other vegetables are in season. If I have a dressing it is usually just some blended mango or maybe avocado and lemon juice. A late-night snack might be grapes, mango, or some other more exotic/seasonal fruit." http://www.thefruitarian.com/content/my-story

It may be a sign of a better diet, that doesn't mean it's good. I doubt very much a human can get balanced nutrients from consuming only one food source, honestly it sounds like a disaster over the long term.

That's just what I was thinking.

I was looking into the raw vegan diet and watched some of Fully RawKristina's videos. She eats an unbelievable amount of food.
A local grocery store had a great sale on fruit and I bought a ton, and ate them whenever I got hungry for about a week (plus some veggies of course). I was happy to be eating healthier, and I ate a lot less food than I normally eat, but I was so sick of fruit by the end of the week.

Reactions: Everleigh
I like bananas, they're one of my favourite fruits, but 30 a day just sounds mad. Actually that sounds kinda like an eating disorder. I'd wonder how long the person has eaten nothing but bananas for (and whether theyre cheating). From googling it, this seems like a name of a diet rather than to be taken literally. I hope.

ps. I just looked up Fully Raw Kristina, as I was wondering how old she is (24 is the answer). Even she takes a B12 vitamin. Her diet looks pretty tasty and quite varied. I dont know much about raw food but if youre going to do it I think her method would be a better idea.

Eating two bananas and four soy sausages is the recommended daily intake of phallic food for me.

haha very funny, now shut up and eat your cucumber :p

haha very funny, now shut up and eat your cucumber :p

:rofl:
It may be a sign of a better diet, that doesn't mean it's good. I doubt very much a human can get balanced nutrients from consuming only one food source, honestly it sounds like a disaster over the long term.
^This.

If a person feels much better when they go on a diet, that tends to be a good sign.
Well a lot of people felt much better when they first went on Atkins. That doesn't mean it's a good healthy diet.

They were a speaker, but they basically gave their story. I don't recall them recommending any specific diet.

Good. I would find it highly irresponsible for someone to recommend spending the rest of your life eating only one specific food item.

I thought I read some were put on a diet of just potatoes and they were showing signs of being healthy.
Well, since you apparently feel that it's a good thing, you should go for it, rather than just trying to convince people online.
I'm thinking of doing it at some point, but not right now.

I thought I read some were put on a diet of just potatoes and they were showing signs of being healthy.

I'm thinking of doing it at some point, but not right now.

Both a banana/urine diet and a potato/urine diet sound as though they have great potential. :up:

Last edited:
Reactions: thefadedone
I love bananas; I eat them almost every day, but I am pretty sure I would get bored with a diet of only mostly fruit and a big salad. I get sick thinking of trying to ingest 30 bananas...if I did do this, I'd have to add some peanut butter to the bananas. ;-)