Nutrition & Diet 30 bananas a day

Ot really isnt about only bananas; it is 80-10-10. 80% fruit.
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/fruitarian-experiment/
"If you’re looking for the Cliff’s Notes version, here are some of the highlights of the 80/10/10 diet:Eat plant-based whole foods in their natural state.

Nature provides food to us, as is, with everything we need. If we cook something, we alter it and it is no longer a whole food. No other animal in nature cooks their food. (You don’t see monkeys in the rainforest sautéing their greens, right?)

When calories from protein exceed 10% it leads to poor health. Protein from raw plants is best. Cooked protein from any source is denatured. Animal protein is especially toxic.

When calories from fat exceed 10% it is excessive. Cooked fats in particular are carcinogenic. Oil is not a whole food and should be avoided.Carbohydrates are then left to be at least 80% from calories as a lower limit. For carbohydrates, fruit is king. It tastes great, comes in its own packaging, and doesn’t need to be cooked or altered in any way.

Grains are indigestible in their raw state. Since one has to cook them, they are not a whole food. Grains have a poor micronutrient content (relative to fruits and vegetables) and various “anti-nutrients,” such as gluten."

Snip

"However, since fruits are far more calorically dense than vegetables, you end up eating equal volumes of fruits and vegetables. Here is what a typical day looked like for me:
Breakfast: 1-2L of water.
3 large mangoes (600 calories)
Lunch/snacks: 4L of strawberry-banana smoothie. About 27 bananas and 1/2 lb of strawberries with simply water as a base. (2,900 calories)

Dinner: Large spinach salad with tomato and 1/2 an avocado and homemade blueberry/date dressing (250 calories)

That brought my total calorie count for the day to 3,750. For an active person like me, at 6’1″ and 170 lbs, this was about right. On very active days, I ramped up my calorie count.

In all, I was able to cover all my macro and micronutrient needs, aside from Vitamin D and Vitamin B12, which aren’t usually in plant foods, anyway. I feel pretty darn good about that."

Ot really isnt about only bananas; it is 80-10-10. 80% fruit.
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/fruitarian-experiment/
"If you’re looking for the Cliff’s Notes version, here are some of the highlights of the 80/10/10 diet:Eat plant-based whole foods in their natural state.

Nature provides food to us, as is, with everything we need. If we cook something, we alter it and it is no longer a whole food. No other animal in nature cooks their food. (You don’t see monkeys in the rainforest sautéing their greens, right?)

When calories from protein exceed 10% it leads to poor health. Protein from raw plants is best. Cooked protein from any source is denatured. Animal protein is especially toxic.

When calories from fat exceed 10% it is excessive. Cooked fats in particular are carcinogenic. Oil is not a whole food and should be avoided.Carbohydrates are then left to be at least 80% from calories as a lower limit. For carbohydrates, fruit is king. It tastes great, comes in its own packaging, and doesn’t need to be cooked or altered in any way.

Grains are indigestible in their raw state. Since one has to cook them, they are not a whole food. Grains have a poor micronutrient content (relative to fruits and vegetables) and various “anti-nutrients,” such as gluten."

Snip

"However, since fruits are far more calorically dense than vegetables, you end up eating equal volumes of fruits and vegetables. Here is what a typical day looked like for me:
Breakfast: 1-2L of water.
3 large mangoes (600 calories)
Lunch/snacks: 4L of strawberry-banana smoothie. About 27 bananas and 1/2 lb of strawberries with simply water as a base. (2,900 calories)

Dinner: Large spinach salad with tomato and 1/2 an avocado and homemade blueberry/date dressing (250 calories)

That brought my total calorie count for the day to 3,750. For an active person like me, at 6’1″ and 170 lbs, this was about right. On very active days, I ramped up my calorie count.

In all, I was able to cover all my macro and micronutrient needs, aside from Vitamin D and Vitamin B12, which aren’t usually in plant foods, anyway. I feel pretty darn good about that."

Interesting theories, but not something I personally agree with.

the only that is spot on is the 10% or below for protein intake, anymore than that, will encourage cancer cells to proliferate. In the northern hemisphere, I can't even imagine trying to afford a raw diet, although I know it can be done. Cooking potatoes, beans, rice and lentils are far cheaper and more satisfying that all of that cold food. JMO too. It's whatever works for people.

Cooking potatoes, beans, rice and lentils are far cheaper and more satisfying that all of that cold food. JMO too.

:yes: I really don't know how raw foodists do it. I don't find raw foods filling or appetizing compared to cooked food. Plus certain methods of cooking really enhances the flavor and textures of most food.

I'm not fond of these animal comparisons. We are not monkeys. Sure monkeys don't cook their food, they also don't use toilets. Should we stop using toilets just because we don't see monkeys using them? Monkeys also throw their own poop at each other. Maybe we should start flinging **** at each other too.:rolleyes:

:yes: I really don't know how raw foodists do it. I don't find raw foods filling or appetizing compared to cooked food. Plus certain methods of cooking really enhances the flavor and textures of most food.

I'm not fond of these animal comparisons. We are not monkeys. Sure monkeys don't cook their food, they also don't use toilets. Should we stop using toilets just because we don't see monkeys using them? Monkeys also throw their own poop at each other. Maybe we should start flinging **** at each other too.:rolleyes:
I just want to say that that quote ^^ was from the link I posted, not my thoughts.

I feel as if raw veganism is being treated a bit unfairly in this thread, or mmaybe some don't know about it too much. It's not a whacko Eat a Million Banas A Year And Nothing Else eating plan.

I know several people who eat mostly raw, and they are very healthy and eat quite a wide variety of foods. My 20 year old son has eaten about 70 percent raw for several years now, and he is one of the healthiest people I've ever known, knock on wood. He trains hard for martial arts (he's a black belt) and is a runner and cyclist.

I think it's nice when people don't eat animals, no matter how many bananas they do or do not eat a day. :)

I just want to say that that quote ^^ was from the link I posted, not my thoughts.

Yes I'm sorry I should've stated then when I copied and pasted it.

feel as if raw veganism is being treated a bit unfairly in this thread, or mmaybe some don't know about it too much. It's not a whacko Eat a Million Banas A Year And Nothing Else eating plan.

Again I apologize if that's the way it's coming across. I do admit that I don't know much about it (though I'm glad it's not some eat nothing but nanners for the rest of your life diet:p), but from what I do know , it's just not something I can personally ever see much myself doing. It's great that it's worked for others though. :up:

Reactions: ledboots
http://www.30bananasaday.com
The 30 Bananas a day website ( it's not just bananas....)

http://20potatoesaday.com
The guy that ate only potatoes for 2 months.
"When I started the diet, I weighed 197 lbs., my cholesterol was borderline high of 214, my triglycerides were at 135, and my glucose was 104. I saw improvements in all those indicators. I lost 21 pounds, my cholesterol dropped to 147, that's a 67 point drop, my triglycerides dropped to 75, and my fasting glucose level came down to 94. All great improvements! "

I think a mostly raw diet is very healthy, and I wish I could do it. But, I love certain cooked foods too much. I have added a lot more raw foods to my diet though.

Reactions: Amy SF