April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been enjoying my daily walks as it is such lovely weather here! I went out yesterday and the wind blew lots of blossom from a tree onto me, like snow flakes.:rose:

I have ordered some exercise type clothes to wear when I go out as that is the only outdoor activity I do now, some black crop leggings and vest tops.

:hug:

You're going to be mistaken for a London marathon runner. :up:

• Haha
Reactions: Raven
I did pretty good yesterday. I managed to log almost 8000 steps with the treadmill and going out and about. If my allergies weren't so bad with all the pollen, I would enjoy walking outside. I have only 2 cookies left of the batch I baked the other day, then NO MORE!

Sorry to those of you struggling. At least many of us seem to be in the same boat. I haven’t walked in two days due to yucky weather and not sleeping. I’m eating a little better, less snacks but still eating too much real food, even if it is healthier food. Still too many calories.

Yesterday I walked 6 km. I had to get some medical and food supplies for the cat, and those can't be ordered online for some reason.
And in the evening I did my normal workout.

While walking to the vet, I saw two people wearing masks, which was great. People are taking this seriously. But there was also one clearly ill woman, coughing...

Today I'm just going to do some workout and streching at home. There are always too much people ouside and avoiding them is as difficult as it is stressful. I'm just not up to it today.
I would rather take care of my mental health and spend more time reading books, colouring and painting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just walked for an hour in the sunshine. I listened to another podcast.

Sorry to those of you struggling. At least many of us seem to be in the same boat. I haven’t walked in two days due to yucky weather and not sleeping. I’m eating a little better, less snacks but still eating too much real food, even if it is healthier food. Still too many calories.

Your sleep hasn't improved yet with being off work? I ordered some melatonin as my husband wanted to try it again.

What type of painting do you do?
I have the typical cheap water colours and then some Derwent watercolour pencils. And these paints, which name I do not know in english. I did for example my profile picture. So I'm not that skilled, but I really like painting.
My main subjects are animals like, otters and wolves, but I also paint mythical creatures.

Do you paint? :)

Reactions: Val and Lou
I have the typical cheap water colours and then some Derwent watercolour pencils. And these paints, which name I do not know in english. I did for example my profile picture. So I'm not that skilled, but I really like painting.
My main subjects are animals like, otters and wolves, but I also paint mythical creatures.

You did that? It's good.:clp:

I don't paint at all. I used to like drawing when I was younger but just stopped doing it.

I don't paint at all. I used to like drawing when I was younger but just stopped doing it.
Aw, it always pains me, when I hear that someone used to draw, and stopped. But I understand, life is short and everyone has to prioritize.
I have also, sadly, reduced drawing and painting. I don't want to stay up all night painting, because then I'm cranky, clumsy and scatterbrained all day.
I still draw and paint every now and then, because I'm not very verbal, so I need some sort of outlet.

You did that? It's good.
Wow, thanks. It's more like average...
But Thank You So Much. :heart_eyes:

I just walked for an hour in the sunshine. I listened to another podcast.

Your sleep hasn't improved yet with being off work? I ordered some melatonin as my husband wanted to try it again.

My experience with melatonin is that the sublingual ones really work the best. The little pills that you put under the tongue seem to be a little better than the eyedropper ones. I find that just 1 mg is all I need.

The other thing that seems to work well is the massive amounts that are time released. I have trouble staying asleep and have found these to be effective. I have something with like 10mg. but it is expensive.

I also have a lot of success with sublingual THC. it works really well. but it wears off in just 4 or 5 hours. Larger doses don't seem to help. five to ten mg works well for me.

Yesterday I walked 6 km. I had to get some medical and food supplies for the cat, and those can't be ordered online for some reason.
And in the evening I did my normal workout.

While walking to the vet, I saw two people wearing masks, which was great. People are taking this seriously. But there was also one clearly ill woman, coughing...

Today I'm just going to do some workout and streching at home. There are always too much people ouside and avoiding them is as difficult as it is stressful. I'm just not up to it today.
I would rather take care of my mental health and spend more time reading books, colouring and painting.
I have seen way too many people out on my walks, too. I'm trying to keep to side streets, but even they are starting to fill with people walking with their kids and pets. I keep trying to find the best part of the day to avoid people, but I haven't found one yet, haha. I might pop in a Leslie Sansone video tonight, though I'm considering a walk. It's super windy outside, though, so I'm not sure I'll be up for that because it'll aggravate my allergies. We'll see. I will do something today, though. :)

My eating has been just OK. Meals have been fairly healthy for me, but I'm baking a lot (it's a good stress reliever for me), and even though I'm giving most of it to my dad, I still save a few goodies for me, which isn't good. I should try to limit sweets to once a week. That's what it was like when I was a kid. My mom would make a cake or a pie or something on the weekend, and that's when we'd eat it. No other sweets during the week.

I have seen way too many people out on my walks, too. I'm trying to keep to side streets, but even they are starting to fill with people walking with their kids and pets. I keep trying to find the best part of the day to avoid people, but I haven't found one yet, haha. I might pop in a Leslie Sansone video tonight, though I'm considering a walk. It's super windy outside, though, so I'm not sure I'll be up for that because it'll aggravate my allergies. We'll see. I will do something today, though. :)

My eating has been just OK. Meals have been fairly healthy for me, but I'm baking a lot (it's a good stress reliever for me), and even though I'm giving most of it to my dad, I still save a few goodies for me, which isn't good. I should try to limit sweets to once a week. That's what it was like when I was a kid. My mom would make a cake or a pie or something on the weekend, and that's when we'd eat it. No other sweets during the week.

It's really good that you are being active. I raise a hat to you, figuratively speaking.
The Cookie Monster inside me eats at least one cookie everyday.
I have told her that it's limited to three max. She is compliant so we get along just fine.

Absolutely fabulous!😍..... that's what I call having talent!

My experience with melatonin is that the sublingual ones really work the best. The little pills that you put under the tongue seem to be a little better than the eyedropper ones. I find that just 1 mg is all I need.

The other thing that seems to work well is the massive amounts that are time released. I have trouble staying asleep and have found these to be effective. I have something with like 10mg. but it is expensive.

I also have a lot of success with sublingual THC. it works really well. but it wears off in just 4 or 5 hours. Larger doses don't seem to help. five to ten mg works well for me.

I took the new tablets last night and I feel really tired today. I keep yawning. I'm taking this one.

The Restored - Better Sleep, Nutrition, Movement & Mindset

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and shyvas
I took the new tablets last night and I feel really tired today. I keep yawning. I'm taking this one.

The Restored - Better Sleep, Nutrition, Movement & Mindset

I hadn't seen anything like that. I do like the concept - the naturally occurring things that help our bodies make melatonin.
In my experience, you can/should expect almost immediate results. But part of the role of melaonin is to help with sleep cycles and patterns. That is part of the reason it's so effective for jet lag.
So just take it till the bottle is empty and judge for yourself. Maybe keep a log or diary of how you sleep, so you can actually evaluate if it's doing any good.
if you have a smart phone there are some good apps that track sleep. I use SleepScore. SleepTime is OK.

If restored doesn't work you might try what I have found to be the most effective - 1 mg of melatonin sublingually. Either a little pill you hold under your tongue till it's gone or a liquid in an eyedropper. the liquid makes it easier to play around with dosages. Some people find 2mg or 3 mg more effective.

Recently I haven't had to take anything to help me sleep. There are some lifestyle things that help me. Low stress, regular bedtime, early dinners, exercise, minimal caffeine, sunshine. I'm doing all those things right now. I get up a lot to pee but I almost always fall right back to sleep.

But I have struggled with not being able to fall asleep (it has a medical term - but I can't remember it) for like 30 years and melatonin has been very effective for me.

If you want to talk about this some more you should PM me or maybe start a new thread. there may even be an old one in here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.