Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a surprise this morning.

Today's breakfast was a smoothie: Blended apple slices, cucumber, lemon(with peel), ginger, turmeric, kale, and some dates. After Lou Corona's recipe but missing a few ingredients and as a smoothie, not juiced. Pretty low calorie breakfast. Just before I had a little coffee with small handful of sprouted barley with tahini/date milk..

...and that's it. I expected to be really hungry in just a few hours after this but I wasn't. Was good till lunch.

that is a great smoothie recipe

Delicious sauteed spinach in olive oil, with garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper topping hummus on whole grain toast.

I was excited because I ate this literally never while I was on the campground and two summer's ago it was a staple of my life.

that is a great smoothie recipe

Try Lou Corona's "Lemon ginger zinger" for the full version. It's meant to be juiced, but I can't see the point in wasting all that fiber. :)

Reactions: Lou
I started off today with coffee, mixed with sprouted barley and an oat/date/water mix to sweeten.

Now I just finished a green smoothie: Water, apple slices, lemon slices (w/peel), fresh parsley, fresh ginger, turmeric and black pepper - well blended.

It's a beautiful day out so I'm going for a walk.

Scrambled tofu on whole wheat, with caramelized onion, garlic, Chinese cabbage, homemade mustard, ketchup and salt.

Coffee with sprouted barley and oat/date milk this time.

I just had a bowl of black beans with tomatoes and non-dairy sour cream. Then I had a popsicle, and I might have another.

I just had a big juicy peach. I think I will have some muesli or toast and homemade jam now.

Coffee with homemade oat milk and jaggery.

Another glass of oat milk.
The cooled boiled water from my brown rice last night (starch, resistant starch, vitamins and minerals)

Not really hungry this morning due to having a few beers after dinner last night.

Toast with earth balance and grape jelly and clear noodle soup with seitan chunks.

My stomach is a bit queasy this morning for some reason. I am just having some ginger tea, for now. I did want to make some steel cut oatmeal this morning :cold_sweat:

I am just finishing a Boca "chic'n" sandwich on whole wheat bread with Veganaise and ketchup. Delicious!

My stomach is a bit queasy this morning for some reason. I am just having some ginger tea, for now. I did want to make some steel cut oatmeal this morning :cold_sweat:

I hope you are feeling better. Maybe you'll get to have your steel cut oatmeal today!

Reactions: Veganite
@hopeful

I'm doing way better today, thank you!

I was thinking lazy last night, so I'm having overnight oats, instead of steel cut, which I still enjoy very much.

Reactions: hopeful
Made lentil gravy and biscuits. Did not cook the lentils enough so I'm choking it down.

Homemade hash brown sandwiches with homemade mustard, ketchup, salt, Chinese lettuce.

Also coffee with sprouted barley this morning using tahini/date milk to sweeten.

I posted a delicious veggie pancake recipe in the recipe section here that I made this morning. This are absolutely amazing. I am stuffed, as I tend to over-eat things I find incredibly delicious. Besides, flapjacks are filling. I grilled some tomatoes from my garden to go with it. I just needed a side of zucchini bacon :) Anyhow, you want to impress your guests for brunch, try this simple, but delicious recipe.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Status
Not open for further replies.