Buying a House

IMG_1055.jpegIMG_1057.jpegIMG_1058.jpegIMG_1059.jpegIMG_1060.jpegIMG_1061.jpegAnd the not so nice one other than the master bedroom, deck and beach access. Imagine walking out your door and having the beach less than 50 ft away?

Reactions: Raven
Looks like a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want all the people that would come with it, I mean I have neighbors close too, but we'd be all exposed to each other if there was a beach right there

Reactions: KLS52
Wow, nice location! The first house is very cute. The second one just needs some TLC.

That's because they alter the photos with filters...I was shocked at the condition of both. They look so good online.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Honestly if it wasn't for the water damage they would be doable. But even if it needs a new roof it would be the buyer's responsibility and it's not priced to accommodate the necessary repairs. And then there could be a mold issue. Of course, if she was really interested there would be an inspection. The two units are owned by the same person and he rents them out. The nicer unit is rented by someone who has lived there 12 years.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I thought you all might be curious about the prices of homes in my area. This one is in a very small town a few miles down the road towards Orlando.

I thought you all might be curious about the prices of homes in my area. This one is in a very small town a few miles down the road towards Orlando.
That's a nice house.

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
We bought in April 2020 and our house has increased in value by $152,000-212,000 according to Zillow. It's absurd. Granted, we added a second full bath, but still.

Makes me want to sell so bad but then where would I go lol.

My house also has gone up, nearly double what I paid for it in 2017, and that's with no garage and a shared driveway. It's crazy.

Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
Mine was valued at 93,000 when I bought in 2015, now 126,000
My county just did another tax assesment and I really got lucky it didn't go up again! I pay about 3,850 a year

My house is nearly $500,000! I just checked. It is a small house too. The UK is ridiculous.
My friend near where I live said she used to own a house in Florida and they sold it and now it is worth $700000. She regrets it as she said Florida was like living in paradise to her. They were Snow Birds, meaning they lived part of the year in the US and the rest in England.

Don't get me started on taxes. My less than 900 square foot house in New York on a 100x 200 lot cost me over $10,000 a year in taxes by 2019. It's why we moved when I retired in 2020. We could not afford to stay there with me not working.

My taxes were $4200 in 2020 and have gone up to $4800 this year.

Our last assessment was in 2020 at $156,000. The numbers in my previous post were based on market value. I dread the new assessment because I know they will raise the taxes again.

Don't get me started on taxes. My less than 900 square foot house in New York on a 100x 200 lot cost me over $10,000 a year in taxes by 2019. It's why we moved when I retired in 2020. We could not afford to stay there with me not working.

Our last assessment was in 2020 at $156,000. The numbers in my previous post were based on market value. I dread the new assessment because I know they will raise the taxes again.
It occurred to me that when I pay off my mortgage, prob 2032, my taxes will cost as much as my first apartment rent!

• Friendly

I hear you on the taxes. I paid just under $4,700 in 2018, and now I'm approaching $6,000.

• Friendly
We have seen a house we like in Kent, but I think I will see if my house sells and if it doesn't we might wait until next year to move. We have only had one viewing so far. I'm sure another house will come up next year as we now know the area we want to move to. I keep reading different things about whether it is a good idea to sell this year or next. There isn't any real rush to move as I do like the area I'm in.

We have seen a house we like in Kent, but I think I will see if my house sells and if it doesn't we might wait until next year to move. We have only had one viewing so far. I'm sure another house will come up next year as we now know the area we want to move to. I keep reading different things about whether it is a good idea to sell this year or next. There isn't any real rush to move as I do like the area I'm in.
Is it in Margate?
Is Essex more expensive as far as property is concerned?