Health Issues Cancer

Oh, GF and Kasandra, major, major hugs to you both. I can't imagine the pain and fear you are both going through. Sending positive vibes in both your directions.

It sounds so hard for you both GingerFoxx and Kasandra.:hug:xxxx

Just to say regarding hospice care over here you can usually have In Patient care or be cared for at home with home visits if the person doesn't want to leave their house. I'm not sure how it works in other countries though.

Happy to see you, Moll! I hope things are going ok for you. ((((Hugs))))

Thanks so much. xx He is having another round of treatment next week but the last two biopsies have been clear so hopefully things are going well. The cancer has made me evaluate our life and I'm determined to make sure he can retire early from work in the next ten years or so. Having health problems makes you think about what it really important.

Reactions: KLS52
I wish he would ledboots but he will never go to Hospice... He just want my mother to look after him and be around us when we visit... Its really tough esp on my mother but I did inform her to get a nurse in now.... stubborn to the very end

Yes, hospice will often give nursing care at your dad's home, so he wouldn't have to leave.

My dad had nurses come in through hospice, and he never had to leave the house to go to appointments or treatments, they came to the house. The only treatments are palliative, not curative, but that includes a wide range of things, not just pain management, at which hospice is the best.

Maybe you could contact your local hospice and see what in-home care services they offer. My dad was very old, 82, so it was much easier for him to accept not trying for a cure, but he still ended up accepting hospice because he knew his care was too much for the family, especially my mom.

The nurses came for the five remaining months he lived, and took great care of him (and my mom, by being there). They supplied at the house a hospital bed, oxygen, and all supplies and meds when he needed them, there was never a charge. Hospice isn't just for the very end, many people have the care for months, and even years.

(((Hugs))) to you, and don't feel guilt about anything. It's a common feeling to have when our parent is ill because we can't fix the situation or control anything. [emoji302]

Reactions: Tom L.
No help no hospice..dad on morphine patches.. Starving... Just hard to see so hard..watch the fault in the stars cried my eyes out.... The horrible part is now. He had a good long life, so grateful still not easy.... His dna is mine... His my dad

Sorry you have to go through this. It is, indeed, so hard. :hug:

His very weak now spoke to my mom and dad being hospilised now.... We think the end is here... You think your ready... He had a.good long life.... the suffering will end... But you are never prepared for this final moment... The end.. Waiting to here from my mom....:(

His very weak now spoke to my mom and dad being hospilised now.... We think the end is here... You think your ready... He had a.good long life.... the suffering will end... But you are never prepared for this final moment... The end.. Waiting to here from my mom....:(

I agree. The most important thing is that he'll no longer be in pain and that he has his family with him, during his last moments. Just let him know all he means to you and be present.

That is the most important gift that he can receive. :hug:

Reactions: KLS52
Rip dad your free .... Thanks to everyone who hugged.and.supported me through this.difficult emotionql journey... Love and light to you all x x x
Much love. I can't imagine the pain of losing a parent, especially after such a rough battle. You did all you could, and I am sure your love and support meant the world to him and your mother.

Kasandra, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. :hug:

My husband has a biopsy today and I couldn't sleep so I just got out of bed. I'm always afraid that he won't wake up after the procedure.

My husband has a biopsy today and I couldn't sleep so I just got out of bed. I'm always afraid that he won't wake up after the procedure.
Cancer is scary stuff. I will be thinking of you and your husband, today. I hope all goes well. :hug:

Rip dad your free .... Thanks to everyone who hugged.and.supported me through this.difficult emotionql journey... Love and light to you all x x x

Kasandra I am so so sorry I missed this post and so sorry about your dad. I have on been on and off the forum briefly for months and completely missed this. My love and best wishe to you and your family.
I will pm you later xxx

Reactions: ledboots
Thanks guys.xx My hubbie is feeling a bit groggy but he is fine.

I hope you are coping well Kasandra. ((Hugs)) to you.xx