Health Issues Cancer

I wish hospice was an option but my dad will not go for that yet. At the moment my dad is in a lot of pain in the place where the marrow was eaten away in the bone. He had 5 sessions of radiation which aren't working yet for pain.

His very stubborn man and my.mom must do everything.

I am doing a lot of meditation and yoga to.keep myself positive and in a state of wellbeing.

Molly hope you guys get.good news x
I'm sorry kasandra. If you think your dad would be receptive, guided meditations can help with pain management.

Here's a 10 minute one.

My husband called his cancer nurse today to find out the results of his biopsy since the treatment and it was clear which was a relief. He still needs to have more rounds of treatments and biopsies but I'm glad that things are going as well as can be expected so far.

My husband called his cancer nurse today to find out the results of his biopsy since the treatment and it was clear which was a relief. He still needs to have more rounds of treatments and biopsies but I'm glad that things are going as well as can be expected so far.

That is fabulous news. I'm sure that you're feeling relieved and so happy.:)

Such good news. I wish him continued good health.

That's great news Moll.:)

My mom has breast cancer and possibly has colon cancer. As much as this woman has messed with mine and my siblings' heads and bodies (she ******* stabbed me for Hades' sake), I didn't ever want her to die as much as leave me the hell alone. It's hard when someone you have a difficult relationship with gets sick because you don't know how to react to it. I'm drawing a blank. It's the silence before the goddamned dam breaks, I think.

Sorry, Cerebellion. That's a really difficult situation. I hope you will use us for support if you need to. ((((Hug))))

Reactions: PTree15
I apologize for my bluntness, but my sister told me about 15 minutes before work about it. I think I'm more aggravated that I can't decide what I should feel about it. There's a part of me that's solemn and another part of me that wants to hire munchkins to sing 'The Witch is Dead". I know how horrible I sound with this, but I am unable to be anything but honest about it. There's so much history between us and most of it is bad.

We feel what we feel. It would be easy to say, take the high road, but you will have to work through your feelings in a way that is best for you. I think it is normal and understandable that your feelings would be mixed given your history.

Which ever way Cerebellion, it is a shock to the system... we can't change our parents but we can change ourselves.... just be present and feel.. as long as you acknowledge the feelings and face them good or bad. Being Honest with yourself is the best policy.

Moll :hh: Great news about your husband..

my dad is still going through a hard time, haven't been in contact with him too much been speaking to my mom... Hearing how weak he is is devasting, being trapped in your house the whole day.
Going to take my daughter to go visit on Sunday to uplift their spirits...

I try to distance myself from my dad's suffering so I can stay strong... for them.... Its just tough... I do the things I need to do to keep me strong but its still tough. :tinfoilhat:

But through all the pain and suffering I found gratitude, there is so much to be grateful for - everyday....

Unfortunately life is a song of seasons which change... a time to be born a time to die a time to be happy a time to be sad...

my dad is still going through a hard time, haven't been in contact with him too much been speaking to my mom... Hearing how weak he is is devasting, being trapped in your house the whole day.
Going to take my daughter to go visit on Sunday to uplift their spirits...

I try to distance myself from my dad's suffering so I can stay strong... for them.... Its just tough... I do the things I need to do to keep me strong but its still tough.

It's important to look after yourself too.:hug:

feeling very emotional my dad is just losing more and more weight, have no appetite, think he is depressed - takes a handful of pills everyday... is stuck in the house... what a life is that? we had a family dinner sunday and he started crying cause he saw his grandchild sitting at the table and my brother and sister in law, the full picture which is our family. It was such an emotional moment but then every moment could be the last.

I just do my meditation and yoga and things I need to do to cope...

And yes try to be as kind to myself as possible...

Moll, so happy about your husband's good news! :)
Kasandra and Cerebellion, big hugs. Good advice has been given here. I agree that being honest about how you feel is a good thing. Keep bouncing things off us when you need to, you guys. :hug::hug::hug:

feeling very emotional my dad is just losing more and more weight, have no appetite, think he is depressed - takes a handful of pills everyday... is stuck in the house... what a life is that? we had a family dinner sunday and he started crying cause he saw his grandchild sitting at the table and my brother and sister in law, the full picture which is our family. It was such an emotional moment but then every moment could be the last.

It sounds like such a sad situation.:hug:

Moll, so happy about your husband's good news! :)

Thanks.:kiss:

ETA - His next round of treatment starts next week so hopefully it will continue to work.

I had a freak out today as I feel so overwhelmed and I burst into tears for a long time, which is quite weird for me! I felt so angry when I found out my husband had cancer but I think I had suppressed my feelings for a while and it all had to come out in some way.