Advertisement

Does anyone know anything that could help us on holiday?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rory17, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Rory17

Rory17 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1
    Hi,
    I’m a (near) vegan in a family of omnivores. We usually go on at least one holiday abroad every year. At the moment, we’re in Lanzarote (a Spanish island that is one of the Canary Islands). We’re going to Croatia later in the year.
    My family can get quite cross about having to provide for me when we go out to restaurants abroad. My mum thinks that it can be very hard.
    We’re out at an Italian-style restaurant in Lanzarote at the moment. My mum got a bit exasperated (if that is the word) when I brought up that the fresh pasta on the menu might have egg in it (I have had spaghetti napolitana here before). Would wholewheat fresh pasta (including spaghetti) have egg in it?
    I have/had/have heard of the Happy Cow app. I also, possibly, have the Google Translate app, in which you can use a camera to translate a Spanish ingredients list into English.
    This is one reason why I’m not too keen on Spanish countries for holidays (that and the animal cruelty, bullfighting and stray issues). Can anyone offer any help please?
    Thanks.
    Have a great day (and/or night)!

2. Consistency
    No Mood

Consistency Active Member Banned

Ratings:
    +21 / 4 / -3
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagliatelle

Tagliatelle have a distinctive look for the sole purpose of letting others know that there is egg in it.

It might be more difficult to find out whether or not the pasta has egg in it in an Asian country/restaurant.

3. Lesley

Lesley Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Arrecife in Lanzarote has a few vegan friendly restaurants.

4. Forest Nymph
    Mummified

Forest Nymph Active Member

Ratings:
    +343 / 1 / -11
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan