"God gave us animals to Consume! So,it’s OK?

If a woman brings a new life into the world it doesn't mean she has the right to kill it as well. A loving God does not drown countless babies and other animals.

Veganism is beautiful because it stands in defiance of 4.5 billion years of evolution and natural selection. For the first time in earths history there is a big group which put other species needs first with no benefit to them or their species. I believe in the Vegan Ideal, which is defeating the cruelty of evolution/natural-selection. This means in practice, completely eliminating pain, suffering and/or death. Currently we are in a time where sentient beings are killed in the billions for their body parts, and this is the pressing issue at hand. But as time moves forward hopefully we have solved the animals killing issues and move our goal post towards the Ideal. I believe Veganism will constantly evolve towards the ideal.

But these other (religious) philosophies are nothing but a continuation of natural selection. At their very best, they tell the individual to put his wants after his species needs. And the way they do it is through fear of punishment from magical sky beings. This nonsense isn't working well now since most individuals now know there is no sky daddy. At the worst, these philosophies incite war between groups because the other group believes in a different sky daddy.

What? I bet there are more who follow plant based diets for health, environment, sustainability, and practicality than those who go vegan solely for animal rights. I bet you they're more likely to remain plant based
And please, vegans do not, and will not, eliminate pain suffering and/or death
Religious philosophies are not one dimensional and it's ignorant to assume, particularly since many are vegan themselves. Do vegans really need to be further divided?
Environment, sustainability and animal rights are tightly interlinked.
I assumed the person I was debating was not vegan.
As the title of the thread says, religious people often justify their cruelty because of their religion. It gives them psychological support. You take away that psychological support perhaps they will become vegan.

Last edited:
I have no problem as well. As long as they aren't killing them. But the person I was debating is not vegan? He says lifestyle is other.
Many don't feel the need to identify as vegan as the label often comes with unwanted assumptions from omnis, or critique from vegan police
You are far too quick to make assumptions.
There are many who eat a plant based diet that would never identify as vegan
There are many whose veganism is directly linked to their religious beliefs

Last edited: