Advertisement

Suggestion More subforums?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Krish Jay, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Krish Jay
    Creative

Krish Jay Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Dear Forum owners

I understand that the subforums are subject to people wanting to participate in them, but I would like to put forward two new categories: Philosophy and bodybuilding

Philosophy because I believe its one of the major reasons why people turn vegan, in addition to health reasons... It makes sense for people to discuss their various thoughts... have a safe place for them to voice their opinions.

Bodybuilding because I believe it is probably the number one cause for men, especially young men, to Not go vegan. Veganism does not compromise the physique when done properly - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FtBjNlqu2wNAH87Qj1UVA

And thats just one example

Now may not be the right time for new additions, but I hope somewhere down the line you will consider this.
    Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. winter.frost

winter.frost Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Krish,

@Damo and I have considered your request, and we both feel that we don't yet have the interest/the forum isn't big enough to be able to sustain two new subsections here.

We believe that the 'Health' section is adequate for your body-building posts, where there could be any number of body building threads. If these threads start to dominate the 'Health' section, we will then reconsider creating a subsection for it.

As for 'philosophy', there are a number of similar threads already in both the 'Support' and 'General' subsections. Same applies as above, i.e. if there is enough demand.

@Damo reminds me that this is how the 'Ads' subsection was created - other threads were getting saturated to the point where it was becoming unhelpful, so a new subsection was made. This is how we'll be going forward in the future.

Thanks for the suggestion though! We will certainly reconsider it in the future.

3. IshmaelKipling

IshmaelKipling New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Hi,

Yes, please put in a philosophy forum.

4. Sally
    Joyful

Sally Active Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I'd like a philosophy forum.

5. Sally
    Joyful

Sally Active Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    It would be nice to be able to talk about stuff that often seems out of place elsewhere on the forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Damo
    Mellow

Damo Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Hey guys. I'd recommend creating a new thread for the addition of Philosophy, add a poll?

If the thread/poll gets a lot of attention I'll add a Philosophy forum, adding a lot of forums without the popularity would make the forum very unappealing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bluerice
    Gloomy

Bluerice Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I think it's a great idea!

There are many philosophical debates that hang around the moral issues, and let alone, the potential steps a vegan should take furthermore, rather than just searching for a "Vegan burger".

Since we speak about adding stuff, are there any Vegan artists around?
    There should certainly be a spot for Vegan-Art work to be displayed :)

8. Sally
    Joyful

Sally Active Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    How do you set up a poll?

9. Sally
    Joyful

Sally Active Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I'd like a philosophy area so that interested people will be able to discuss things. So often you can start out with a topic only for others to highjack it and the original discussion gets lost. There may only be a minority who want to talk about certain things and that is why a dedicated place would be both important and appreciated.

10. Damo
    Mellow

Damo Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Hello Sally, when you create a new thread you'll just need to scroll down slightly under "tags" you should see an option to create a poll. :)