TV & Film Movie Lounge

7 MUST-WATCH PLANT-BASED DOCUMENTARIES that I would recommend to everyone. These films changed my life and made me stick to plant-based eating for years. What is your favourite plant-based film or documentary?​

This is mostly a fun based entertainment thread.
But we have lots of threads that are more serious. Try using the search feature to find a conversation.
This thread is probably a good place for your question.

Reactions: Silvoote
This is mostly a fun based entertainment thread.
But we have lots of threads that are more serious. Try using the search feature to find a conversation.
This thread is probably a good place for your question.
I'm new here, thank you so much for your help :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Lou
a few weeks back @Emma JC recommended Family Affair.
It was ok but I would have reservations about recommending it to anyone who wasn't already a big fan of RomComs.
However the acting was really good throughout. and the writing was crisp.
I also don't think I have seen joey king in a movie before. I mostly know her from Taylor Swift videos. :)
I'll be looking out for another movie with her.

I watched Back to the Future last night with Mrs Summer and our daughter. It's one of Mrs Summer's all-time favourite movies, but to our disappointment it did not impress the jaded next generation :rolleyes:

I then suggested that next weekend we could watch Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail which is one of my all-time favourites, but this was vetoed :shrug:

I then suggested that next weekend we could watch Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail which is one of my all-time favourites, but this was vetoed :shrug:

I love so many parts of that movie however when you watch it again you realize that there are a lot of long boring bits to it as well and so many people are unimpressed unless they have some sort of alternative stimulant....

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I love so many parts of that movie however when you watch it again you realize that there are a lot of long boring bits to it as well and so many people are unimpressed unless they have some sort of alternative stimulant....
Hmmmm, maybe so! :) The content that was deemed particularly objectionable at our house on account of being unsuitable to young viewers was the 'temptation of Sir Galahad' scene :shrug: ... which, in retrospect, I guess I can see.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
Hmmmm, maybe so! :) The content that was deemed particularly objectionable at our house on account of being unsuitable to young viewers was the 'temptation of Sir Galahad' scene :shrug: ... which, in retrospect, I guess I can see.
How about the original Time Bandits. I hear they are remaking it.

Reactions: Second Summer
I watched Back to the Future last night with Mrs Summer and our daughter. It's one of Mrs Summer's all-time favourite movies, but to our disappointment it did not impress the jaded next generation :rolleyes:

Fly Away Home
Kubo and the Two Strings
Hugo
Zootopia,
Matilda
Little Mermaid (2023)
Marcell the Shell
Princess Bride,
Princess Diaries,
Spiderman into the spiderverse
ET,
Harry Potter.....

Fly Away Home
Kubo and the Two Strings
Hugo
Zootopia,
Matilda
Little Mermaid (2023)
Marcell the Shell
Princess Bride,
Princess Diaries,
Spiderman into the spiderverse
ET,
Harry Potter.....

Labyrinth
The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen
the Goonies
El Diablo

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I tried watching it again and an awful lot is so cringy! (more so than when it came out) I didn't feel it held up
I saw it a few years ago and thought it was still good! The bit about him and his Mum is super weird, though!

• Agree
Reactions: Second Summer
We watched MaXXXine last night which is the third film in the Ti West horror trilogy. I thought it was good, but not at all scary. A bit of a let down. We bought a projector to watch films on.

MaXXXine | Rotten Tomatoes
Have you seen the first two? I had heard is wasn't that scary, too. I don't like scary so I put it on my list just to see what all the buzz was about.

A projector? like the ones that take movie reels? That seems odd in the day of 5K TVs. And they are noisy. and I imagine movies are expensive.

Reactions: Emma JC